What is this place like?

I just realized how close this is to my sons preschool....is the climbing like RV climbing? All climbs with little in between? Short climbs? Long climbs?

The climbs are similar to Round Valley: rocky, steep in parts, but not as long. There is a trail that runs the length of the ridge for about 2 miles; it's pretty flat and fast. The rest of the trails go down one side of the mountain or the other and then loop back up (usually). This time of year you will definitely want to go when the temperature is below freezing, or there will be mud.

If you combine Bald Pate with Washington Crossing its pretty decent. I typically run there, but it gets real muddy real fast when its wet. Its close by to me, so if you are interested in riding let me know i would be happy to meet you and show you around.

Thanks for the info.

RJRuns4, Do you ever run/ride at High Points? I see you are in New Hope. I'm right outside of Frenchtown. High Points is small, but is fun to ride when the ground is frozen. I'll PM you if I head down.

Thanks for the info.

RJRuns4, Do you ever run/ride at High Points? I see you are in New Hope. I'm right outside of Frenchtown. High Points is small, but is fun to ride when the ground is frozen. I'll PM you if I head down.

High Rocks?

Hey Chemgirl,

Do you mean high rocks (aka ralph stover, aka tohickon)? Yep, i ride and run there quite a bit. I am always happy to have company. My scheudle is kinda crazy, so i am usually there on weekdays not weekends. But let me know if you are headed there, i can do the same. rjruns4@yahoo

Ralph Stover is where it's at. I love hitting the switchback trail on the Tohickon side. Is riding legal in Washington Crossing? I used to skip around Washington Crossing when I rode from my place to Bald Pate thinking it wasn't ok to ride in there. I'd would love to make a loop including Pate, Crossing, and Belle.

Some trails in WC are ok for mountain bikes, some are not but the markings suck! You get half way down a leagal trail then all of the sudden the markings say no bikes. I think there is a pretty legal set of trails that will hook up with bald pate, you just have to stay away from the ampitheater and the pavillions. I have never been hastled while I have been in WC.

What is Belle???

Ralph Stover is where it's at. I love hitting the switchback trail on the Tohickon side. Is riding legal in Washington Crossing? I used to skip around Washington Crossing when I rode from my place to Bald Pate thinking it wasn't ok to ride in there. I'd would love to make a loop including Pate, Crossing, and Belle.

Currently, at Washington Crossing you can ride the trails that are specifically noted as no bikes and the only one I know of is the trail that pass the amphitheater and then goes along the ridge.

There are some trials up by the camp sites that are for bike, but mostly around the fields up that way. Those trails lead to some nicer single track, that dont specifcally state no bikes (which i take as bikes are ok). I think you can make a reasonalbe bee line for bald pate on trails that are more or less legit for bikes. I have never had any issue with the rangers when i have been back there, so i take that as a good sign.

Currently, at Washington Crossing you can ride the trails that are specifically noted as no bikes and the only one I know of is the trail that pass the amphitheater and then goes along the ridge.

Does this mean that all of the trails are currently open to bikes?

i ride here all the time. there is very little foot traffic in the WC portion and i have never been hasseled for riding there. There was a new map put out saying only 1 trail was off limits but i have *never* seen anyone there to enforce.

want my advice? ride the hell out of that place :)

Yeah, yeah, my bad.
High Rocks. I usually refer to it as Stover but then I always get corrected that it isn't technically Stover on the riding side.

I'm available to ride Tuesdays and Thursdays thru June. I have to ride at noon because I'm limited to preschool hours. I'll let you know next time I go.

Hey Chemgirl,

Do you mean high rocks (aka ralph stover, aka tohickon)? Yep, i ride and run there quite a bit. I am always happy to have company. My scheudle is kinda crazy, so i am usually there on weekdays not weekends. But let me know if you are headed there, i can do the same. rjruns4@yahoo

Goat Hill

RJRuns4, my friend showed me a place the other day, it's off of goat hill road, the county just bought it. it was an old boy scout camp on the very top of the mtn. there's an awesome view of the river, Lambertville and new hope. I'm sure you can scrape together some decent trails out of there. I'm not sure if any group has claimed it yet. i work in Lambertville, so if yer unfamiliar with it, i can show you it, sometime.

RJRuns4, my friend showed me a place the other day, it's off of goat hill road, the county just bought it. it was an old boy scout camp on the very top of the mtn. there's an awesome view of the river, Lambertville and new hope. I'm sure you can scrape together some decent trails out of there. I'm not sure if any group has claimed it yet. i work in Lambertville, so if yer unfamiliar with it, i can show you it, sometime.

If anyone is up for making some trails up there, let me know. I live in Lambertville and am dying to get a group to build some trails at the Goat Hill Overlook.

Back
Top Bottom