What have you done to your bike today?

You also have the AL version?
20190505_144242.jpg

So I emailed seven cycles to see if they could repair
True North who built these for misfit would do but its discouraging every time I contact him with his 8 months out before I can send. Im taking a shot because seven has a tremendous turn around for there custom builds.

Trying to give the Flash 29er a little love today. I fixed the shifting issues with a new derailleur hanger. Not sure how or when the old one got tweaked but it was.
I freed up the rear caliper...again and threw on a new rotor. These brakes have been a major headache. I should probably just order a set of XT's and be done with it.

IMG_0887.JPG

Trying to give the Flash 29er a little love today. I fixed the shifting issues with a new derailleur hanger. Not sure how or when the old one got tweaked but it was.
I freed up the rear caliper...again and threw on a new rotor. These brakes have been a major headache. I should probably just order a set of XT's and be done with it.

View attachment 94774
Yes, those were about the worst brakes ever made. I'm happy with Shimano and Hopes

So you fixed the play by switching to RaceFace? Seems reasonable. :)

Yup. It bothered me that I couldn't make the SRAM cranks work, but I had these cranks and a matching BB sitting unused, so it was just quicker/easier to slap these on. With three little kids time is my most valuable commodity.

The red looks somewhat ridiculous paired with purple hubs, but I don't care....they work

Changed the first of what Vreeland says will be many dead tubes on the trials bike.
I generally use the Park peel n’ stick patches. The vp1 kit I have in the shop has the now obvious flaw of the glue drying out. Guess I learned that lesson.

Almost changed to a cool red BMX chain I have sitting about but tired. 87A9715D-A7A7-433A-B973-5D26E0BDAD65.jpeg8A677D4F-0DD1-459F-99BA-B51E00FC0BDF.jpeg

Took the rear wheel of my fatbike to the shop today to get a few broken spokes replaced and to get it trued up.

Its all Redbulls fault. I watched the replay of the downhill race, and decided to do my best impression by sessioning a nearby rock strewn hill. I guess my form was off. As I plowed through the rocks on my third run I remember thinking "That was an interesting sound" but didn't find the broken spokes until last night.

Took the rear wheel of my fatbike to the shop today to get a few broken spokes replaced and to get it trued up.

Its all Redbulls fault. I watched the replay of the downhill race, and decided to do my best impression by sessioning a nearby rock strewn hill. I guess my form was off. As I plowed through the rocks on my third run I remember thinking "That was an interesting sound" but didn't find the broken spokes until last night.
Was it the spokes or nipples. I seem to crack nipples all the time but haven't broken a spoke in a really long time

34/16..... for me it really showed how out of shape i am....LOL...i have a few 10/12 mile loops in already and its getting better

Back
Top Bottom