What are you watching now?

Wrapped up both seasons of The Tourist on Netflix (Produced by the BBC). That was a lot of fun with plot twists all over the place...would enjoy another season, but they have not decided if third one coming.

Watching "Marlowe" with Jessica Lange and Liam Neeson, who is a good actor for a former forklift driver at Guinness. Not well reviewed, but Prime level sets and photography. Enjoy.

Started the final season of Letterkenny recently. Very solid first 2 episodes. The Sun Dart video is legit; possible a candidate for the Letterkenny HOF.

caught up on James May: Our Man in India and The Grand Tour: Sand Job

Fills the "i want to watch James May and 2 other idiots driving fancy cars and creating chaos in foreign locales" void... but these were missing a little *something*

Started the final season of Letterkenny recently.

I will add this to the watch list. Someone (I think you?) mentioned recently watching the new season of What We Do in the Shadows, so I was like, "sweet, there's a new season of What We Do in the Shadows to watch," and then we realized we never watched the previous season. So we just finished season 4 over the weekend and are now on season 5.

I will add this to the watch list. Someone (I think you?) mentioned recently watching the new season of What We Do in the Shadows, so I was like, "sweet, there's a new season of What We Do in the Shadows to watch," and then we realized we never watched the previous season. So we just finished season 4 over the weekend and are now on season 5.

I just watched LK s12e3 tonight, and at halftime it’s a really good season thus far. I did mention Shadows. Fabulous stuff.

I think I may have posted this - my cousin wants to make a film!
He's worked in Hollywood for a bit - production manager, small roles,etc...
While he grew up in Florida, he is totally NJ (his Mom grew up in Parsippany)

They need 100 new backers to get some matching funds.
If you could throw a fin at it, that would be much appreciated - and i'll go do TM at RV,
so you can enjoy that - you know, as a reward for helping.

TY!

Wrapped up both seasons of The Tourist on Netflix (Produced by the BBC). That was a lot of fun with plot twists all over the place...would enjoy another season, but they have not decided if third one coming.
We are watching this now I think episode 4or 5 season one.

Man it’s all over the place but it just got very interesting during the shootout scene (trying not to give anything away).

Though it hasn't been announced, looking forward to the next season, hopefully it gets made. Have you seen the movie of the same name?

I haven't. I really found the show to be borderline painful to watch...the absurd dialogue, the expressionless delivery of the dialogue, that every character is an insane caricature, the pointless writing on the screen for style points. I am mostly not a Guy Ritchie fan. "Revolver" might be the most excruciating film experience that I've ever gotten through. But somehow this series just barely won me over.

I haven't. I really found the show to be borderline painful to watch...the absurd dialogue, the expressionless delivery of the dialogue, that every character is an insane caricature, the pointless writing on the screen for style points. I am mostly not a Guy Ritchie fan. "Revolver" might be the most excruciating film experience that I've ever gotten through. But somehow this series just barely won me over.
I get it. Sometimes I found it a bit predictable, but entertaining. Sometimes the dialogue almost needed sub-titles. Movie is similar but different with the plot.

Man, you guys are really selling it. Maybe compare it to a root canal for reference?

I am a tough critic.

not a fan of Snatch or Lock Stock and 2 smoking barrels?

I'd probably have to re-watch. I think I just hated Revolver so much that I swore off of the guy forever. But I also thought that "Intolerable Cruelty" sucked and some of my favorite movies are by the Cohen Brothers.

We just watched Poor Things. It's pretty weird, but we liked it. I laughed a lot, but I'm not sure I'd call it a comedy. It's amazing how polarizing the reviews are:

IMG_1905.jpeg

Incredible acting and great cinematography, but clearly lots of people really didn't like it. It's free on Hulu.

3 body problem on Netflix. It’s a train wreck which I can’t stop watching. If I didn’t read (listen to ) the book, I’d probably stop watching by now.

Back
Top Bottom