Wanted: 26" rear wheel, rim brake compatible

RetroGrouch

I was on my way up Patriot's Path heading towards Lewis Morris this afternoon and blew up my rear hub. So, I'm looking for a rim brake compatible (or semi-compatible) rear wheel so I can ride tomorrow and Sunday. Anyone have something hiding in the corner of the garage? Old LX or XT stuff is fine. I don't need a cassette.

I'm willing to drive an hour or so tonight or tomorrow morning to exchange cash for a wheel. If I don't find anything by tomorrow, I guess I'll go do my part to support the economy by loading up my credit card at the local bike shop.

Last edited:
You guys are fantastic. I got two offers but it looks like a buddy is going to loan me a wheel from the collection of bikes at his house.

I get to ride tomorrow!

Can I jump in on this thread? Need Wheel!

My 26" rear wheel is finally dying, but my wallet ran away with my 'cross bike.

I need a Shimano compatible rim-brake rear wheel to get through the rest of the season. I won't need a cassette or rim strip.

Anyone got anything lying around? I think if I return all the cans in the blue bin, I can come up with $75.

Thanks, sean (aka the 6'8" 220lb guy on the 15 year old Bontrager trying to get out of your way)

PS: I'd've started my own thread like a grown-up, but my post count is still too low.

Back
Top Bottom