Un-official Otto's Cyclocross Practice Thread

Parking lots were packed this evening.. great turnout
It was a great if not painful time last night.

We did two 4 lap sessions with about a 5-8 minute break in between. Tons of fun - my first time there this year (and maybe in 2 years). Dan did a great job as always but I as a little disappointed that there was no river crossing on the course.

It was a great if not painful time last night.

We did two 4 lap sessions with about a 5-8 minute break in between. Tons of fun - my first time there this year (and maybe in 2 years). Dan did a great job as always but I as a little disappointed that there was no river crossing on the course.

Apologies but which guy were you? It's hard to tell by your avatar ;)

New to cyclocross and looking for a practice run before my first race on Saturday, is this practice still going on tomorrow?

New to cyclocross and looking for a practice run before my first race on Saturday, is this practice still going on tomorrow?

Yes it is. Just FYI tho.... no skills practice. Just 2 session/races usually lasting 20 or so minutes.

I'm going to get some saddle time on the new ride. what else do we need? :)

Did this happen last night given the rain? I didn't make it out at all but hopefully next week I'll be down there. Please let us know if the start time shifts any earlier than 5:45pm.

Thanks!

Ahhh that explains why when I got there at 5:34 they were just about ready to roll out for the first session!

UPDATE: There is no "Official Otto's Cyclocross Practice" this year.

However, if you're into cross, want to get some race-pace efforts in, and hone your skills, there may be like-minded individuals at Ottos Farm Park at 6 pm on Tuesdays in August, then 6 pm on Wednesdays starting in September.

I need to be very clear here. These are not official, organized, nor spearheaded by anyone. Otto's Farm Park is a public park, open to all, including those who want to ride around it on cyclocross bikes.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to not contact me, nor anyone else ever potentially involved. Maybe I'll see you on Tuesdays in August and Wednesdays starting in September at the public park open to all.

Back
Top Bottom