UFC, MMA fans...

PatrickBrown

who's into whats going on lately in the UFC?

Jones being unstoppable

Overeem getting bagged for PEDs...

the big suffle for the next fight card.

I am a huge MMA fan. I was not impressed by Jon Jones against Rashad at all. It seemed like they were still friends and he didn't want to beat him up that bad. I can't see Jones losing. Unless Jones moves up to heavy weight. Or unless Anderson Silva moves up to LHW again...

Are you going to the Fox card in NJ? Or the one in AC? I am debating going to them, but they are so expensive, especially when its a free card anyway!

I am looking forward to the UFC 148 card.

Silva vs Sonnen 2
Faber vs Cruz
Boetsch vs Bisping
Griffin vs Ortiz
Franklin vs Le
Kim vs Maia

and more...card is stacked!

I have to agree that I dont see anyone beating jones. He seems to outclass everyone one way or another. and this is coming from someone who is learning to like him as champ. I didnt like him as champ from the giddy up though. I didnt watch the fight but I think its a little suspect that he has finished almost every opponent (if not everyone) since he was champ, and he and rashad go all 5 to the end.

Henderson gets the title shot now. and Hendo is also on a good win streak. I do like Hendo, but I feel as if this is where his streak ends. the good thing for jones is that with having all of these top contenders under his belt he is growing as a fighter quickly. it will also help him out a lot if he does transition to HW. but HW may be a whole new ballgame for him.

I really wanted to see Overeem do a bit of damage in HW but he seems to be out for 9 months minimum and Dana is even commenting about him being cut.

JDS vs Mir, I like Mir

Cain vs Bigfoot, I like Cain

Sonnen vs Silva II ....

I Really would like to see a repeat and a victory for sonnen. I thought him finishing Stann was strong. fight against bisping, was weak. I do think that Silva will actually show up for the rematch this time and the fight will be different than the first.

Pat

I am a huge MMA fan. I was not impressed by Jon Jones against Rashad at all. It seemed like they were still friends and he didn't want to beat him up that bad. I can't see Jones losing. Unless Jones moves up to heavy weight. Or unless Anderson Silva moves up to LHW again...

Are you going to the Fox card in NJ? Or the one in AC? I am debating going to them, but they are so expensive, especially when its a free card anyway!

I am looking forward to the UFC 148 card.

Silva vs Sonnen 2
Faber vs Cruz
Boetsch vs Bisping
Griffin vs Ortiz
Franklin vs Le
Kim vs Maia

and more...card is stacked!

Jones vs. Hendo...man you gotta love Dan but that's a terrible matchup for him. It's gonna hurt.
I was very surprised Evans took Bones the full 5. Maybe there is truth to Jones holding back. I still don't like him, but he is going to be hard to beat. If Andy moves down...he's not going to. He's pretty lean. I also hate the cross-division "superfight", such as when GSP vs. Andy was all the rage. It just seems silly to gut a class for a one shot deal.

Mir will try his supposedly "much improved" standup against JDS and end the night wearing another version of the "Brock Lensnar Signature Hamburger Face" (tm).

Faber/Cruz and Silva/Sonnen are must see events.

And WAR Ben Henderson. WEC never die! :D

Jones vs Hendo - Should be good. Only chance Hendo has here is to KO Jones. I can't see that happening as I believe Hendo has the shortest reach out of Jones other opponents. The longer this fight goes the better for Jones, remember what happened w/ Hendo vs Shogun. that was a great fight.

JDS vs Mir - I really like both these fighters. I dont see Mir winning here though. Dos Santos is furious! Overeem would have been the better matchup, and i would have picked Overeem, but i hope he gets cut.

I really do not like Sonnen, so i hope Silva wrecks him...

I want to see Faber win the belt vs Cruz. Although, watching TUF, i've gained some respect for Cruz. He seems like a good coach. Faber doesnt seem to be a good coach. Which is strange because the Alpha Male camp itself is really good...

What happened to the posts here? :confused:

Here I thought PatrickBrown travelled to the future...just to quote someone on an internet forum before they actually posted it.

Hendo, as much as I love him, ain't looking good. But who woulda thunk he'd KO Fedor one day?

Sonnen has turned himself from a fighter with a relatively boring style into a major draw. Love him or hate him, the boy can gab and promote. His fight with Silva is a huge deal now.

Cruz/Faber should be interesting, but Faber didn't adjust at all to Mike Brown, I dunno if he has something for Cruz. We'll see!

Here I thought PatrickBrown travelled to the future...just to quote someone on an internet forum before they actually posted it.

Hendo, as much as I love him, ain't looking good. But who woulda thunk he'd KO Fedor one day?

Sonnen has turned himself from a fighter with a relatively boring style into a major draw. Love him or hate him, the boy can gab and promote. His fight with Silva is a huge deal now.

Cruz/Faber should be interesting, but Faber didn't adjust at all to Mike Brown, I dunno if he has something for Cruz. We'll see!

All really good points...

I don't like sonnen but he's a hell of a fighter...faber got beat up by Cruz the last time they fought.

All really good points...

I don't like sonnen but he's a hell of a fighter...faber got beat up by Cruz the last time they fought.

I think he is an ass for sure, but I like that he stirs the pot tremendously and backs it up. (unless he is getting choked out of course). I am definitely going to have to go with cruz on this one..... not all that impressed by faber.

All I know is I am rooting for local fav. Jim Miller May 5th.

I am on board with this as well. local guy, plus he will be beating up a Diaz..... its a win win

All I know is I am rooting for local fav. Jim Miller May 5th.

He's a tough dude and screw Nate Diaz. Although Nate is a little less insane vs. his brother.

I just realized Ben Henderson (whom I'm a fan of) is pretty much the Jersey killer. First Miller and then Edgar. Not sure how I feel about that! :D:hmmm:

He's a tough dude and screw Nate Diaz. Although Nate is a little less insane vs. his brother.

I just realized Ben Henderson (whom I'm a fan of) is pretty much the Jersey killer. First Miller and then Edgar. Not sure how I feel about that! :D:hmmm:

I agree all w/ the above. I like Jim Miller a lot, and hope he beats up Diaz.

Good point on Smooth. I hate that he beat Cerrone too. Ceronne is probably my favorite fighter. But Smooth Henderson is really friggin good, i dont see him being beat so soon either. Unless Pettis can pull another matrix kick...

Did you guys used to watch WEC?

Good point on Smooth. I hate that he beat Cerrone too. Ceronne is probably my favorite fighter. But Smooth Henderson is really friggin good, i dont see him being beat so soon either. Unless Pettis can pull another matrix kick...

forgot about cerrone......

isnt smooth fighting edgar again?

I only really remember 1 WEC card which was the Faber vs Aldo card....

I know Smooth won on that card as well, but cant remember against who

I like both guys; Bendo 'cause he's cool, Cerrone because he's a savage. Cowboy's last fight with Varner and what he did to Siver...awesome. I was so pissed he duffed it against Diaz, because Cerrone vs. Henderson for the UFC (!) belt would have been the coolest WEC moment ever.

I miss the WEC, I personally think some of the UFC guys fight "safe". The WEC guys were foot to the floor, bell to bell. Good stuff.

forgot about cerrone......

isnt smooth fighting edgar again?

I only really remember 1 WEC card which was the Faber vs Aldo card....

I know Smooth won on that card as well, but cant remember against who

WEC 48 I think, Bendo beat Cerrone in their rematch co-main event. Aldo did horrible things to Faber's leg!!!
That's right, Henderson and Edgar have a rematch in Japan I think.

I like both guys; Bendo 'cause he's cool, Cerrone because he's a savage. Cowboy's last fight with Varner and what he did to Siver...awesome. I was so pissed he duffed it against Diaz, because Cerrone vs. Henderson for the UFC (!) belt would have been the coolest WEC moment ever.

I miss the WEC, I personally think some of the UFC guys fight "safe". The WEC guys were foot to the floor, bell to bell. Good stuff.

I was really disappointed Cerrone didnt fight well vs Diaz. It was his 6th fight that year though. I would like to see them fight again. Cerrone vs Henderson 3 would be awesome. I dont know who saw their first fight, but it was my favorite MMA fight.

I miss the WEC as well. But i think they are representing the WEC very well in the UFC!

WEC 48 I think, Bendo beat Cerrone in their rematch co-main event. Aldo did horrible things to Faber's leg!!!
That's right, Henderson and Edgar have a rematch in Japan I think.

Yea, Smooth tapped out cerrone by standing guillitine(?) or anaconda choke in like the first minute if i remember correct...

Aldo destroyed Fabers leg. I don't see Aldo losing any time soon either. The only guy i thought that could beat him was Mendes, who was doing well until he got caught. That pissed me off because Aldo should have been on his back if he wasnt hanging on to the cage. At the very least, should have lost a point.

Yea, and Henderson vs Edgar again...

Yea, Smooth tapped out cerrone by standing guillitine(?) or anaconda choke in like the first minute if i remember correct...

Aldo destroyed Fabers leg. I don't see Aldo losing any time soon either. The only guy i thought that could beat him was Mendes, who was doing well until he got caught. That pissed me off because Aldo should have been on his back if he wasnt hanging on to the cage. At the very least, should have lost a point.

Yea, and Henderson vs Edgar again...

I was kind of questioning aldos armor in his fight against Florian (i think.... when he was sick or some BS) kind of looked weak. but.... he won, and is still winning

he totally hammered fabers leg back then. it was bad lol

UFC on Fox 3 is loaded with local guys besides Miller (from Sparta BTW)
Mike Massenzio is from Paterson and trains in Bergen County, Louis Gaudinot is from Tiger Schulmans training out of their HQ in Elmwood Park, Dennis Bermudez is from NY (trains in PA now). Some great matchups on this card.

Jones can only be stopped by himself at 205. Hendo will go after him early and get KO'ed.

The only good thing about Diaz bro's is that they cross train with mountain biking.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wkA7YuM5Mk

Mir vs JDS is good for Frank - heavyweight is ALL about matchups. A may beat B and B may beat C that doesnt mean A beats C.

Check out a local submission fighting tournament. They cost like $10 for spectators. NAGA had one in Morristown 2 weeks ago - they had 2 UFC fighters, 2 strikeforce and a few Bellator guys there. That's where Mir, Big country, Edgar, Pellegrino and a lot more all started. Its all BJJ, judo and sambo type stuff but they go hard when they put up $10k

Back
Top Bottom