Tymor Wrap-Up Thread

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
As requested, here's the wrap-up thread.

How did you do? Share your stories and post some pics!!!!

Left my house forgetting the cell phone and HELMET! Some good people hooked me up with a helmet and I was able to race. The slick black dirt was fun riding, I love sliding all over. Great turnout of MTBNJ folk, see yall at singlespeedapolooza.

woke up feeling like i had a fever this morning with no ambition to race. game plan was to not get a mechanical, secure a podium spot, and take it easy. through the whole race i thought i was in third off the bat so i did what i planned and cruised around at a relaxed pace. unfortunately, it turned out i was actually a half minute behind third the whole race. at least this time it was my fault and not a mechanical one.

on the bright side, i got really muddy! the facilities had hot showers and a snack bar! and all my photos where of me on the ground!

Last edited:
1st race. Had a great time the carpooling up and back was helpful to pass the time on a looong ride up and back.

The course was tough due to the conditions. I blew up on the first section and screwed up the first hill climb which hurt my positoning right off the bat. Some frustrating sections where I was probably too nice and should have pushed by. I wanted to quit but half way through I just made myself continue on. Overall I had a great time and really enjoyed myself. I place 7th in 19-29 which seemed to be a pretty fast crowd. I had 3 personal goals which I achieved as well which makes me feel good. 1. Finish the race 2. Run the course in under 1hr. 3. Don't finish last.

Thanks to Dustin, Dana, and Ronnie for the company there and back and for all the laughs! Thanks to Norm and Kush for the kind words right prior to the race!

Now just to push myself harder and be ready for the Stewart race.

Been waiting for you guys to get home so I can read the chat... usually it is me who is late getting home.

Cool course. Lots of slick, twisty trails. Made me very glad i swapped the pythons for the fire xc pros last night.

I forgot my inhaler so that made breathing a bit difficult. But I still pulled out a first place finish.

So im done stroking my ego in Cat 3. I'm ready to be humbled in cat 2.
Ill miss the swag..... for a bit.

Mr Chainsaw and Velocity Boy - It was good to meet you guys today.
Dustin - get a fork and gears and i'm thinking you would be right with me. Good job today.

Last edited:
OK so who DIDN'T get creamed by that diagonal Root on the first downhill section in the beginning of the race?

OK so who DIDN'T get creamed by that diagonal Root on the first downhill section in the beginning of the race?

That is why its a good idea to get there early and preride a little bit. :D
Although the guy in front on me slid out and almost took me out in the process...i was kind of expecting it so the preride did help.

That root creamed many racer boys & girls. :popcorn:

I popped the front tire over an' kinda slid down it with the rear. :getsome:

That particular root was there last year too. That's the only one I remember from last year, in fact. But, many new roots got uncovered during the race which will haunt us about a year from now, I bet!

Dustin - get a fork and gears and i'm thinking you would be right with me. Good job today.

get some whats:p....and im working on a fork

biiiiiggg thanks to the folks for starting with 5th place instead of 3rd and letting me get my *free Tshirt* wooooo hoooo.

joe!

i was siked just to be able to trade spots back and forth with you. you're a fast rider, with some skillzzzzzzzzzzzzillzzzzzzzzillzzzzzz...son "you want it left?"...."nope " had a great time. the 2 laps made it feel more like a race with some thinking involved.

I know *exactly* the root you're talking about!! ha ha
It almost got me on the first lap! Luckily another rider in front of me called out a warning to me. I out-smarted it on the second lap! Dropping my tire pressure down to about 20 psi didn't hurt, either.

Back
Top Bottom