Tubeless Tire Question

rottin'

Staff member
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hi All,

Looking for some clarification on my first tubeless setup...I searched some old threads but I couldn't locate my specific concern so I apologize if this is repeat question...

Just mounted a set of Stans ZTR Crest 29ers with Specialized SWorks Fastrak tires following all of the directions from the NoTubes instructional video as well as step by step instructions...and they both sealed great on the first try!!:getsome: But after a few hours I still hear some "sloshing" in the wheels, not a ton but enough to have me ask the question...is this normal?

The directions said to use 3oz for a 29er wheel so that is how much I used for each wheel...will it stay like this or does it eventually get "absorbed"?

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Brian

You should hear some sloshing. If it gets absorbed its time to add some more stans fluid, which you should do about every other month.

The fluid is there to seal up any potential leak/hole you may encounter while riding. A thorn or rock that pierce's your tire will seal up...hopefully.

Over time that fluid will dryup and become useless at stopping leaks, which is why you should add fluid periodically.

Back
Top Bottom