tubeless road tires

Effortless.
Popped on with a floor pump.
I need to get a sealant injector. Made a huge mess in the garage trying to use a sram brake bleed syringe.
20210822_145006.jpg
20210822_142212.jpg
20210822_142207.jpg

I use one that screws into the valve stem, replacing the valve.
easier to clean than a syringe. hell if i know what brand. think it was in a swag pack from a race.

----

@jShort - presta is presta no? can get syringe past the valve seat?

Those 2oz stans bottles fit right into the top of the valve after you take the valve off. Use it, top the bottle off and it is ready anytime you need to add sealant. This one is in a bag from last vacation.
image.jpg

eliminates the need for a syringe that will need to be cleaned.

I used a syringe for a couple of years, and I also tried using the Stan's injector which screws on, and I've never been crazy with either. I picked up the new Park Tool syringe and I have to say I really like it. The whole thing breaks down, so it's easy to thoroughly clean, and it's much easier to get the syringe into the valve stem.

You can use said bottle to suck up sealant in a tire, however you can never get it full out.
I've tried and that was my result as well. I haven't thrown out the syringe yet and usually all the 2oz bottles are already full.

I actually just pop the bead and pour it in carefully. The syringe is nice but takes longer and is more to clean. I don’t like to gum up the valves and the syringes always seem to do that.

i had the KOM syringe, depending on your valve and how well the bead is sealed you can actually generate pressure in the tire and then it sprays sealant when you pull it out (lol i know, phrasing amirite @MadisonDan )

i now use the stans syringe which threads onto the valve and like the way it works, trying to put the tire back on the bead with sealant in the tire is just a mess waiting to happen and i dont feel like cleaning it up

i had the KOM syringe, depending on your valve and how well the bead is sealed you can actually generate pressure in the tire and then it sprays sealant when you pull it out (lol i know, phrasing amirite @MadisonDan )
You did it wrong. The syringe should pass all the way through the valve stem (with the core removed) and then stop when it hits the tire. When the sealant goes in it’s not coming back out through the valve. Stans valves are not wide enough for this but other no name brands are.
But, again for me, popping the bead and pouring it in is the easiest and cleanest way. Once you pour it in, just spin the tire so the separated bead is at the top and the liquid sinks to the bottom where it’s already sealed. Then pop the bead back in to place.
Inflating a tire and having gummed up sealant restrict the flow of air into the tire is very annoying to me.

You did it wrong. The syringe should pass all the way through the valve stem (with the core removed) and then stop when it hits the tire. When the sealant goes in it’s not coming back out through the valve. Stans valves are not wide enough for this but other no name brands are.
But, again for me, popping the bead and pouring it in is the easiest and cleanest way. Once you pour it in, just spin the tire so the separated bead is at the top and the liquid sinks to the bottom where it’s already sealed. Then pop the bead back in to place.
Inflating a tire and having gummed up sealant restrict the flow of air into the tire is very annoying to me.
If it's Stan's Race Sealant, popping the bead and pouring in, is the only way.

I did exactly this, i only had one valve that i couldnt get the syringe all the way through the valve. . . . seemed to be very much related to the clearance as the syringe went through the valve if i got the spray back, if i could pour sealant into it and it would run in freely (no plunger needed) all was good, if i had to use the plunger it was more likely. either way the stans version seems to work well for me.

I have an air compressor hookup in my basement where i do all my bike work so the high pressure kind of overrides any restrictions (maybe?) the only time i have ever had trouble getting tires to seat is with my (poorly chosen and short lived) experiment with fatbikes.

Back
Top Bottom