tubeless pro/con

Will do! Maurice recommended them as a good UST tire to start with and said they would be good for Tymor. I'll go with 30/35 to start. How retarded am I trying UST for the first time at a race? Wait, don't answer.

What do you run on the front?

It really depends on where i am riding. More techy places i will ride about 30. Six mile 40ish.

Dont worry about running them at the race. In case of emergency make suer you have a tube and you do not have the stem on too tight so you can spin it off. Just do not loose all the parts.

I mean what tire?

40?!?! Jeez that's high for UST.

Oh and not going to flat. That's the point right? :D

You like that tire huh? Both Kirt and I didn't like that one in the least. I think it ended up being fine as a front tire on the SS in the frozen ground at LM. Other than that didn't much care for it.

You like that tire huh? Both Kirt and I didn't like that one in the least. I think it ended up being fine as a front tire on the SS in the frozen ground at LM. Other than that didn't much care for it.

Ehh im kinda ambivalent about it. It was free, laying around the shop. I have a few other choices in my trunk but im to lazy to switch em out.

I got my Pythons today, read this post and some instructions on the Cane Creek website, mixed up my soapy water, then went downstairs. 20 minutes later I was done. I've literally had a harder time getting WTB Velociraptors on rims before (both tire & rim non-tubeless). It was a tight fit, but really no issue. Brushed on the soapy water, then in 3 pumps of the floor pump they started seating. Really no issue at all.

We'll see how well it holds air into tomorrow morning. So far, I'm pretty happy with how easy it was.

So if I ran my PSI at 38/40 before, can I drop it to 30/30 now?

What rims are you using? No sealant? I'm on the precipice of a tubeless decision myself.

Rims - whatever Maurice handed me Sunday. :D Ok let me go downstairs and look........Mavic 819 disc, Shimano XT hub.

No sealant, as per the post I quoted originally. Apparently the slow leaks will demand I use some Stan's, which I don't have yet.

Don't let JDog hear that you're using Stan's goop in a Hutchinson tire...

FWIW, I've been using the Hutchinson sealant in my Pythons.

Does Mr. Dog carry said sealant? I'm not partial to Stan or anything.

Boy those wheels look sweet sitting there taunting me while I rode the trainer this morning. Forgot to check the pressure but they sure did look pretty.

When we all rode a month ago, I thought he had some Kendas on there. But apparently it was a Specialized that blew on him:

http://www.mtbnj.com/forum/showthread.php?p=33404#post33404

So both Cem and StanLeCup had Specialized tires blow on them. I think they were both running the Resolution. It's only a sample size of 2, but that's a disconcerting pattern. I guess I'll shy away from those for now.

Where did i go wrong here? Im not sure if i follow

You didn't go wrong. Just the "J has the sealant" made me think of "The chair is against the wall." That was from Red Dawn, but the idea is about Numbers Stations. Follow the link and you'll get a better idea of what they are. Spy sorta thing. I've read accounts of people who were actually spies and the numbers stations would transmit messages they would have have to decipher. Pretty riveting stuff.

Anyway, your comment sounded like a numbers station broadcast and I went with it.

Back
Top Bottom