Trip ideas for long weekend in November? (non-bike related)

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Looking for ideas, we've done many of the popular spots 2-4 hours away. We almost booked a Cape Cod spot but it's close to six hours which is starting to push it for a weekend trip.
More of a downtown/food/sightsee thing than action stuff.

Been to the following a few times:
NYC (duh)
Newport
Portland
Cape May-maybe other shore town?
Mystic
Boston

Dunno if New Paltz area has enough stuff?

Thanks!

If you want super quiet, super chill - Montauk. My family goes every year at the end of summer but we went a few times in Oct/Nov and i actually liked it better (not really a beach person). Bonus of mtb trails rideable from town (Hither Hills)
20230828_124431.jpg

Last edited:
For some reason, my kids get a whole week off for Teacher's week now. Used to be 2-3 days.
I think we're going to pop down to Williamsburg (Jason is a huge US-history buff) and it just so happens that's the last week Busch Gardens is open too. We'll plan to surprise the 12yos with a trip to the park if the weather holds.

Otherside of Camden, Philly is a quick drive. But I'd suggest DC with a stop in Baltimore for the aquarium. The inner harbor is pretty much shut down now, drive over to the new districts for lunch instead

Are you willing to fly? For a weekend if you search around you can get a cheap flight/uber/rental in Asheville/Charleston/Savannah/New-Orleans/Etc if you play it right. If you count in driving time in the NE it could be a wash.

If you can do museums/walks New Paltz can fill a weekend. Lots of food options.

I like the Philly suggestion, but if it’s in striking distance (it’s on your list!)
There is no better place to eat and drink your way through a weekend than Portland.
Downtown is small, but lots of fun shops.
And all the breweries and restos.

Years back we went to the Inner Harbor and Google took us through the hood. Legit Chappelle babies loose in the streets. Nuts.
Camden at least has the aquarium area. Patterson is a much more "authentic" experience.

All good ideas and thanks. For some reason I wasn't getting any notifications and figured this thread kicked up it's little legs and died.
We booked the Cape deal. I should hit up @Pearl for some tips.

Years back we went to the Inner Harbor and Google took us through the hood. Legit Chappelle babies loose in the streets. Nuts.
Camden at least has the aquarium area. Patterson is a much more "authentic" experience.

All good ideas and thanks. For some reason I wasn't getting any notifications and figured this thread kicked up it's little legs and died.
We booked the Cape deal. I should hit up @Pearl for some tips.
Big Welfleet guy here

Back
Top Bottom