Trenton to Manasquan trail petition

I went to the Monmouth county freeholder meeting last week to support the Friends of Capital to Coast trail. Their presentation was very well received by both the Freeholders and the public alike. I can honestly say that there we no NIMBY's to be heard in the packed room. Overwhelming support from the cycling, hiking and horsey community. This was a large contrast to the Union county Watchung meeting that I had attended... With the additional open space money that was approved during the last election and Monmouth county's reputation for preservation and access of open space, I feel the Monmouth county portion of this is a slam dunk. It's only a matter of time. The Freeholders were all totally on board and have a history of supporting initiatives of this type.
That being said...down the road, we may need the cycling community to mobilize if there is a stall or we need to work on the other municipalities involved.
I'll post up when there is an opportunity to show your support to this fantastic project.

Back
Top Bottom