Trail Recommendation

Jchoog

Hi all
I'm riding Hartshorne for the first time Sunday. I've heard it's easy to get lost. Can anyone recommend some good trails?

Hi all
I'm riding Hartshorne for the first time Sunday. I've heard it's easy to get lost. Can anyone recommend some good trails?

Actually I think you have to try REALLY hard to get lost in hartshorne. All trails are basically big loops.they all either lead right back to the parking lot or to the main "spine" fire road (which, again, connects directly to both lots)

so, anyone who gets lost in hartshorne has issues :). Now, Allaire, that is something different....

At hartshorne, All trails are pretty much equal. None are considerably different in terms of technicality, hills or potential to get lost. So just pick one. Bring the trail map. You'll be fine. Enjoy.

Lastly, if you do get lost. Don't worry. The park gets really crowded....just ask one of the dozens of bikers, joggers or dog walkers you'll run into

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestions. Never thought to check the trail section.
Funny, you would use Allaire as an example. I ride Allaire constantly-ever since I was a kid, couldn't imagine getting lost there.

Thanks for the suggestions. Never thought to check the trail section.
Funny, you would use Allaire as an example. I ride Allaire constantly-ever since I was a kid, couldn't imagine getting lost there.

If you can get around the bowl-of-spaghetti that is the Allaire trail system then you should have no problem figuring out hartshorne

Hi all

Monmouth County does a good job with their maps and trail rating difficulty system...although nothing too technically difficult in Hartshorne, the blue trails (as indicated on map) are definitely a little easier to ride than the blacks...My first (and only) time there I did have to walk a bit here and there from lost momentum because I was not familiar with the trails. But, as others have said, pretty toough to get lost. Print out a map or bookmark it on your phone and you should be fine. I would suggest starting at Rocky Point and heading out on Cuesta Ridge...from there, some different loops and trails are available...have fun!

Completely playing it by ear, being father's day n all. I'll take you up on it next time tho. Appreciate it.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions