Trail Map

aedubber

Here is a map of this park . There are some unmarked trails as well that are not shown on the map. This park is really fun , has some steady climbs, fast steep downhills, smooth hardpack , roots , rocks , and some flat rocks as well . Worth a shot for all of you to check it out . Not for beginners :p

highmountaintrailmap.jpg

Can anyone pin point the summit on this map? I want to take a ride up there but have no idea where it is. Or what lot works better, the WPU lot of parking on the dead end off of Valley Ext. Joe

College Rd is off of Hamburg Turnpike . You cant miss it, just take the road up and then you will see the parking lot on your left hand side . The lot is small, and the trail head is on your right hand side . There is also another parking spot i believe up top on the other part of red .
parkingx.jpg

Thanks,
I know how to get in and out, but I've only had time to mess around on the southwestern part of the blue. Not sure what trail goes to the summit(or clearing at the top) with the view. Joe

Im gonna try and head back out here as soon as i can . When i was there i rode red up to yellow and then got lost somewhere on yellow lol , so i turned around and just left . I was pressed on time , weather was not good either . As far as summit goes i am getting information for that , once i get the skinny on it , i will post up .

I was thinking about getting a TM day setup but since its a preserve no TM is allowed and nothing can be built on the trails .

I would say its a good place to practice riding on rocks , slates , and working on some climbs . Helped me out a bit to ride Ramapo and Ringwood :D

I believe its 11.2 with marked trails, but i heard there is a bunch of unmarked trails too..

To get to the summit , you start from the Red Blaze off college road and take the yellow trail up to the right . That's where you get the whole view of NYC

That he does, i PMed him on MTBr about Summit. Would be nice to get more bikes out here so we can get the trails broken in more. They have some pretty nice berms on some parts that you can try and rail .

I believe its 11.2 with marked trails, but i heard there is a bunch of unmarked trails too..

To get to the summit , you start from the Red Blaze off college road and take the yellow trail up to the right . That's where you get the whole view of NYC

Thanks

Getting to the summit is easy (navigation wise :p). Just take red from the lot in the WPU parking lot until you see yellow blaze on your right. Trails are well marked. The climb and than later descent back down the other side are gnarly, especially after all the recent rain. The trails arent great for riding IMO, much rather go the extra ten minutes to Ramapo.

Summit is on yellow trail at the right side of your map where the elevation values indicate 895. Great overlook. I think though coming in from college road on red to yellow there would be about a hundred + yds of hike-a-bike as one approaches the summit. May be easier passing yellow 1st time then back tracking at 2nd intersection. Hiked this many times years ago but never got there with the bike.

I love this place - My son goes to WPC so I really discovered it thru driving him the first week before he got a car - I'd park at High Mountain after dropping him off then go out on the trails . It needs some work but really nice trails -
and I live right next to Ramapo & Ringwood so I know trails :)

The summit is on the yellow. The circle in the topo lines where it says High Mountain. There is also the summit of Preakness mountain on the yellow towards the blue also a circle in the topo lines.

do you need to have a college parking decay to park at the red trail head or is ok for the general public too?

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions