Trail Conditions

Get in there..

This happened right after the snow melt last year too. I spent some time closing over the trails with debris and leaves.

While we're not enforcement, we can be the eyes and ears of the park. If anybody comes across them talk to them, find out what they're all about, explain the problem with what they'er doing. Tell them where to go for legit tm. The good part is that they are motivated and into trails, the bad part is that what is being built or should I say quickly raked out is garbage and it's terrible for the relationship between the users and the park.

Find out where they park, get their license plate number, take pictures and then call them in.

Get in there! I'm gonna.

Hikers don't cut trails that go in circles, through rock gardens , rake leaves or remove rocks for better lines. Hikers don't walk straight up or down fall lines,
hikers don't need to remove deD fall trees and branches for a better hike. These trails are being made by riders. The park officials have done what they need to do, which is inform the general public that illegal trails jeopardize park access to all trail users. I'd guess that we know these folks either directly or through other friends and we need to get the word out there. Let's give them the benefit of the doubt that they're not aware of the impact they may have on all of us.
I post this as I sit on a rock here at KVSP on an illegal trail which is soon to be no more.

Yes it was a warm embrace. Hell we just got cable tv a few months back. We were tv free for years, it's amazing 500 channels and nothing to watch.

kvsp illegal trails

I noticed the new trail a couple weeks ago. it seems odd that this trail is marked with orange/pink ribbons. How bout disclosing the rumor? I am in KVSP 2-3 times a week during the middle of the day, usually the northern end, and I have never seen anyone raking and marking a new trail like this.

I noticed the new trail a couple weeks ago. it seems odd that this trail is marked with orange/pink ribbons. How bout disclosing the rumor? I am in KVSP 2-3 times a week during the middle of the day, usually the northern end, and I have never seen anyone raking and marking a new trail like this.

No, because it is rumor. I have not seen anyone first hand so unless that happens I'm not saying word one or revealing my sources.

clarkenstein said:
all this secrecy and rumors... who shot JR?!?

I have it on good authority that it's Batman building the trails.

Batman is a scientist.

conditions and a question

rode red yellow blue and white on north of the park this week; everything is dry there except green which is still really muddy. I stayed off green, but it looks like the horses have been on it.

question: the tree log 2/3 of way up white (coming from the restroom at parking lot) that is across the trail - is this staying as an obstacle? that will really make riding up that hill a challenge.

anyway, hope everybody is enjoying this great weather and getting some good riding in.

Just wanted to let everyone know that the conditions were great at KVSP today. Lots of fellow bikers out there too enjoying the perfect weather. Best day in a while and can't wait to get back out.:)

Back
Top Bottom