Tour De France 2014

Translation: He got left on the bench. He's playing Battleship with Wiggins.

Ha! I was wondering the same today.

according to Wikipedia:

"Because of the high mountains included in the 2014 Giro d'Italia, Quintana decided to aim for the Giro and skip the Tour de France."

He didn't decide anything, Movistar was giving Valverde one last shot at Tour glory and the Giro suits Quintana better due to more climbing and more steep climb at that. So his title sponsor sent him there and he won. As a result he got to dress like bubblegum for the final week:

SPTDW724-660x440.jpg

today will mark the first day i did not watch the live feed,

zero fucks given at this point about this. snoozefest

quote from announcer.

"it is very, very steep"

that was very very descriptive.

liking the gaps that form as the race approaches the finish (which sits on an old village-lined switchback on a picturesque, mountain peak, with lush, green vegetation adorning the hillsides) now what to talk about for the other 3 hours.....

Last edited:
today will mark the first day i did not watch the live feed,

zero fucks given at this point about this. snoozefest

What the matter with you!!!???? The people on the tv said "its the most exciting tour in years"!!!! You know the people on the TV are never wrong.:p

After watching that lemond special, this tour is especially boring

it's the first time anyone from France might be on the podium because all the favorites have crashed out, so now we have the best of the rest. maybe reintroduce PEDs for more excitement. I'm glad I dvr this, it takes me 30 minutes instead of 5 hours to watch a stage with all those commercials.

You're watching the wrong bit. 2nd and 3rd is where it's getting fun. With 40 seconds between 'em Valverde acting like a total tool, Pinot ripping it on descents, where two years ago he was talking about retiring because he couldn't go downhill without freaking out, Peraud finally getting it right, AND Saxo firing rockets to the moon... (It may help that I'm not hearing it through Phil Liggett's idiot mouth. There's information to be had from Sean Kelly.) I'm pretty happy with this'n. WAY better than two years ago.

If you DON'T watch tomorrow, I'll take the cores out of your valves. Really.
Tourmalet AND Hautacam! This is the last chance for folks who can't time-trial (Valverde) to put time into those who can (Peraud?). Also, as Bardet has been looking mortal since giving up the Young Rider's jersey and may have to work for Peraud, it's TJVG second to last chance at getting back into the top five. He MAY have another chance at the TT, as he's pretty gud at that stuff.

Back
Top Bottom