Tire width vs. Weight

ReverendNewman

Help me out here. I have a 29er I converted to like my street crusier, beater. I have Schwabble Tubeless Big One's on it. Now, I realize I'm not gonna be all that fast on a mountain bike on the road. But would I be better off switching to a tubed, thinner slick type tire? The Big One's are comfy at absorbing bumps and crap in the road, but just wondering if the added weight of a tube and wire bead tire offset the fat width and slowness of the Big Ones. Any thoughts? The big ones are like 2.35 width.

Help me out here. I have a 29er I converted to like my street crusier, beater. I have Schwabble Tubeless Big One's on it. Now, I realize I'm not gonna be all that fast on a mountain bike on the road. But would I be better off switching to a tubed, thinner slick type tire? The Big One's are comfy at absorbing bumps and crap in the road, but just wondering if the added weight of a tube and wire bead tire offset the fat width and slowness of the Big Ones. Any thoughts? The big ones are like 2.35 width.
You should ask this question in the "General Bike Discussion" thread.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions