This is NOT the greatest blog in the world, no. This is just a tribute!

Yea, ya definitely need to take the Strava file to do this ride. Sorry you had to wander so much. You'd enjoy it much more with a guide.

So where did I go wrong in the beginning? do you go thru that horse stable? or if I took a left on that trail off the end of main St instead of a right?

I've never seen a horse stable so.... Lol..

You go through the parking lot at the end of the Columbia trail in high Bridge, and ride the rail road tracks to the first road (3/4 mile) and take the road to a hard to see trail which is at the bottom of Voorhees. From there, you take the climb of death to the observatory, do a lollipop, go back down and ride to the other end of Voorhees. Then jump across 513, and take a sweet downhill to Columbia trail, then take that to Nassau.

@pearl has done this twice? With me... And can attest to its awesomeness. You need to know where to go through...

I starting watching Vikings games after they signed Bridgewater, he was so electrifying to watch as he dismantled Rutgers on their way to the Sugar Bowl. Rutgers may never get another chance at the BCS in my lifetime after losing to an injured QB with one arm and one leg. Was bummed to see him out for the season, will be another injury plagued QB.
11999143-large.jpg

Def not mentally. More physically at this point as it's basically twice what my body is used to. We'll see how this month goes.
Good luck. Hour challenges for me are always an issue with adjusting things to find the time to ride consistently, which shouldnt be much of an issue for you.

Month Summary

First month of retirement but I was on vacation and didn't return until Oct 2, so the riding month started Oct 3. Looking back at strava, my previous personal records were:

Miles: 471
Hrs: 35
Activities: 25

Oct 2016 (actually 28 days):

Miles: 513
Hrs: 49.5
Activities: 33 (includes 3 runs)
New Parks: 12
Road rides: 8
Mtb rides: 22

Looks like I have a shot at @jimvreeland 's challenge to get to 60 hrs, but it's gonna be tough. Bonus hrs might get me there.

# of wings consumed?

I'm no 'Deer Park' expert, but you were headed out one of the better trails from what I recall. It was the unmarked trail in the North going toward Route 80. Looks like you turned back. If I recall you can use that trail to connect to Orange and then down to connect to Stephens. Alternatively, you can go up Orange to stay in Deer Park. There are also some single-track trails closer to the parking. Anyway, just suggesting that Deer Park may be better if you knew where "the goods" were.

I also saw your Strava for 'Stephens' and you only skimmed the surface there. Although you may check it off your list for now, you should make a point to go back for a closer look.

Keep on rollin' and thanks for sharing your adventures.

North Jersey - High Point, High Mountain (I think we'll have to get high to ride those), Ringwood, Ramapo, Rifle Camp

Central Jersey - Capoolong, Hartshorne, Huber, Tatum

South Jersey - Port Republic, Belleplain, Kresson, Parvin, Seaview Estate, Shark River, Turkey Swamp, Wells Mills
We could do Hart/Huber combo this Friday...

Back
Top Bottom