Things that make you smile :)

Maybe this statement will motivate me.
More motivation was just added in a meeting. Because my boss SUCKS at project management, in addition to finding skilled and competent workers at our notoriously low pay rate, and that our current largest customer wants us to do more, all employees of the department, including the engineering staff, must work the same hours as the shop employees, 10hrs M-F, 5hr every other Sat, until we catch up. Shop gets time and a half, engineering = $0.00 more.

We're never caught up!

Last edited:
More motivation was just added in a meeting. Because my boss SUCKS at project management, in addition to finding skilled and competent workers at our notoriously low pay rate, and that our current largest customer wants us to do more, all employees of the department, including the engineering staff, must work the same hours as the shop employees, 10hrs M-F, 5hr every on Sat, until we catch up. Shop gets time and a half, engineering = $0.00 more.

We're never caught up!
Please think about moving on. I was at the same shop for 15 years. The owner was abusive and no one got a review until someone quit or threatened to quit. I talked about leaving for close to 2 years. As soon I started looking, I was much happier. My new jobs base pay is 11k more a year. And nobody is an Asshole when you can't work late

Last edited:
Finally getting funding and permits approved for a long awaited addition. Will be adding around 1400sqft to our 1100sqft house. The kids and thier crap aren't getting any smaller so the space is needed. Hopefully some dirt will be moved by the EOM.

1696612334328.png
1696612438235.png

More motivation was just added in a meeting. Because my boss SUCKS at project management, in addition to finding skilled and competent workers at our notoriously low pay rate, and that our current largest customer wants us to do more, all employees of the department, including the engineering staff, must work the same hours as the shop employees, 10hrs M-F, 5hr every other Sat, until we catch up. Shop gets time and a half, engineering = $0.00 more.

We're never caught up!
My motivation to leave the "new job" I only had for 13 months had nothing to do with compensation, it had everything to do with the level of disorganization and chaos that Management acknowledged but didn't have the support from the Executive leadership to correct - meaning investment in time and money. It came down to me having to endure every single day (including evenings and weekends on call) of something escalating into a major problem which leads to " if everything is urgent and critical then nothing is". I was burnt out after only 9 months of being there and I could feel myself not giving a sh*t sometimes when things were going wrong.

While my management always provided whatever support they could, I just felt like a hamster on a wheel every day running from one chaos event to another. At this stage in my career and life, I don't have the time or patience for covering for other people's lack of ability or because they don't treat things with the same level of urgency. I also learned that everyone will stand back when you are the "A" personality in the room and then continue just to expect you to fix everything all the time.

If you like the people and the company, and your management is open to listen, you might find the chance to show them where this new rule is unfair and not sustainable. If youre already at the point of F**K IT, then update your resume and post to some job openings to test the market. Apply to multiple things even if you may not be 100% qualified. You never know and you can always say No thanks and turn something down or take yourself out of the running.

Im in a much better situation now and I can see how much better I feel day to day vs. the stress and anxiety I was dealing with before. Hope things change for the better for you sooner than later too.

Finally getting funding and permits approved for a long awaited addition. Will be adding around 1400sqft to our 1100sqft house. The kids and thier crap aren't getting any smaller so the space is needed. Hopefully some dirt will be moved by the EOM.

View attachment 224425
View attachment 224426
this project may very well needs its own dedicated blog to see the progress - good luck!

Back
Top Bottom