Things that make you frown :(

Rode Wawayanda road this morning and went through some ice/water puddles.
1 mile later I grabbed the front brake and although it was hard it was also frozen and wouldn't engage the pads to the rotor (no brakes!)
That never happened before.

Last edited:
Rode Wawayanda road this morning and went through some ice/water puddles.
1 mile later I grabbed the front brake and although it was hard it was also frozen and wouldn't engage the pads to the rotor (no brakes!)
That never happened before.
Which bike?

Yesterday, stepping on a pile of dog shit, in the office, on my way out the door at 5pm. Because the self-centered, egotistical, asshole company president can't handle his 4 dogs that he brings to the office everyday to keep the female employees happy. But I'll be the asshole if I ever find a pile of shit in my office.

Last edited:
Yesterday, stepping on a pile of dog shit, in the office, on my way out the door at 5pm. Because the self-centered, egotistical, asshole company president can't handle his 4 dogs that he brings to the office everyday to keep the female employees happy. But I'll be the asshole if I ever find a pile of shit in my office.
Maybe you should update your avatar.

Parts delivery driver unloads our stuff at the wrong address half a block away, walks in and says yeah, your stuff is over there if you want it. What the actual eff?

Edit: That's where GPS took him, and even though our driveway was visible from where he stopped, GPS cannot be overruled.

Last edited:
as a side note, are i9 hoops just garbage? its only been 2 years since they fixed this exact problem (replaced the rim) on THIS WHEEL
I've been on the same set of Enduro 305's with Torch hubs and straight-pull alloy spokes for 7 or 8 years now. Aside from normal bearing wear and a few (like maybe 2 or 3) bent spokes over the years they have been fantastic.

Is that spoke bent? Like did you get a stick lodged in there that made the spoke pull on the rim?

I've been on the same set of Enduro 305's with Torch hubs and straight-pull alloy spokes for 7 or 8 years now. Aside from normal bearing wear and a few (like maybe 2 or 3) bent spokes over the years they have been fantastic.

Is that spoke bent? Like did you get a stick lodged in there that made the spoke pull on the rim?

no that spoke is basically pristine, and there are 2 or 3 others that are pulling also. had the same thing happen to this wheel 2 years ago so idk, thought it was a fluke then, but not sure now.

Do i
a) have i9 rebuild it again
b) buy another hoop from someone else and reuse the hub
c) buy a whole new wheelset and sell these as is to someone who probably wants just the hubs.

the thing is iv been really happy with these wheels otherwise.

as a side note, are i9 hoops just garbage?

Who makes their aluminum rims?

Edit: Found this:

• System carbon rims (aluminum spokes) are made by We Are One in North America
  • S-Series carbon rims are made by Reynolds overseas
  • All alloy rims are made by Fratelli in Taiwan

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom