The Stout Thread

Oskar-Blue-Ten-Fidy.gif

these are pretty good. oskar blues makes some real strong tasting beers....but they are good. fully roasted is an understatement

a nasty filthy mountainbikin' beer that resembles used oil from a diesel motor and yet the only beer that I will buy in a 4 pack... of cans. I think we just became best friends ten fidy:drooling:

Chocolate... Stout... Sounds like heaven right now... I have nada and I'm oh so thirsty.:( Santa, are you listening????

I almost picked that up a couple weeks ago. How is it?

They are very, very good. But if I remember correctly, almost 11%. I told Norm and a few others a story about the first time I tried these. I was sitting in my office on the computer, drank about 3 of them when my wife came in to talk to me.

All I remember her saying is, "what the hell is wrong with you":drooling:

They are very, very good. But if I remember correctly, almost 11%. I told Norm and a few others a story about the first time I tried these. I was sitting in my office on the computer, drank about 3 of them when my wife came in to talk to me.

All I remember her saying is, "what the hell is wrong with you":drooling:

Ha! I'm putting that on my must buy list! I'll just make sure I have them one at a time. ;)

See early pages of this thread for previous conversation about the Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout. New for this year- it's now being sold in 4-packs instead of 6-packs, at least here in NYC. Picked up a 4 pack last night. Pretty good this year.

See early pages of this thread for previous conversation about the Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout. New for this year- it's now being sold in 4-packs instead of 6-packs, at least here in NYC. Picked up a 4 pack last night. Pretty good this year.

I'm seeing more and more 4 packs. Is this like the legend about some guy who worked at a shampoo company suggesting they add "repeat" to the directions and they doubled their sales? I'm thinking that someone thought, "Hey, 4 packs are in!" and now we get 2/3 of what we used to.

I'm thinking that someone thought, "Hey, 4 packs are in!" and now we get 2/3 of what we used to.

It's not a bad move, IMO- they lowered the price on the 4 pack so you're paying less. Last year a 6 pack put me out bout $13, and now the 4 pack is about $8.50, so there was no net gain in price per bottle.

ABV on it this year is now 10%, fyi...

I'm about to try the Brooklyn chocolate. Two tonight and two tomarrow.:cool:

Mmmmm these are good. My daughter helped clear the table and tossed the last inch and a half left in my glass.:mad: I'm trying to decide if I should compensate my loss by opening another.:hmmm:

It's not a bad move, IMO- they lowered the price on the 4 pack so you're paying less. Last year a 6 pack put me out bout $13, and now the 4 pack is about $8.50, so there was no net gain in price per bottle.

ABV on it this year is now 10%, fyi...

4 pack is on sale at A&P Liquors (Pt Pleasant) for $6.99

Back
Top Bottom