The Photo Finish Not Online Not Race

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
howdy folks! as i was out on my ride yesterday i had a thought, and here it is: an online photo contest.

here's how it'll work. take a picture from your ride during the week and post it up in this thread. i'll put up a poll, the masses vote, and we'll have a weekly winner who wins nothing but bragging rights and some internets. at the end of the month, we'll do a run off of the weekly winners, and that picture will get full-on recognition from the mtbnj community by either being posted on FB or on some link here. that will be sorted out.

the rules are simple: your photo has to be taken from a ride that you did during the week, and it's gotta be in NJ. that's it.

you can post a pic taken of yourself during a race (give credit where credit is due and let us know the photographer so they get credit too), an action shot of you or someone else, your riding buddy tangled in a bush when they couldn't unclip, your selfie/bike-selfie or scenery. whatever moves you to take a pic. we can start today and i'll include any pictures from this past weekend that you may have taken. post up through the week and i'll put up the poll for the masses on friday morning. so i'll run it from saturdays through fridays. at the end of may i'll post the monthly poll and tally up the votes if interest holds.

so tap into your inner narcissist, fire up instagram and share some of the fun you've had on the trails or road.

First! I love my inner narcissist.

10255555_10152356158547179_8468328366085405887_n.jpg

Last edited:
WTF, why in NJ? Damn you suck. This is me earlier this morning, at the bike rental station in Chicago:

1609755_10203227506944466_649982710586410138_n.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1398702103898.jpg

Yesterday was a beautiful day. This is at CR on the orange trail, down by the river....

Yes there is still snow on the ground in Sussex County.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-04-28 at 12.47.34 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-04-28 at 12.47.34 PM.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 1,295
The view from the top is worth the climb at Round Valley

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    278 KB · Views: 273
jShort - wow.

Here's mine from 6M yesterday which prompted the idea.

Keep them coming!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    257.9 KB · Views: 290
How do you expect me to take pictures while riding when I have to Strava KOM and tweet my Instagram Facebook while watching my garmin? Seriously, good idea. I just wish I was doing photo worthy rides.

Back
Top Bottom