The other science, Star Wars.....

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Well, about a month to go until episode 7. I'm in the middle of the book that bridges from Return of the Jedi to The Force Awakens. Its called Aftermath.

I won't go to the premier - but may try to catch it over the school break.

Thoughts? Excited? Waste of time?

There was way too much slapstick humor in episode 4-6. mostly dumb han solo lines. JarJar took that over
in 1-3, mostly with physical humor (although it is plausible, that he disguises a great power with clumsiness)

I do believe that Luke released his anger - and as Yoda said, "If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi-Wan's apprentice."

I was planning to read Aftermath but it got some of the most scathing reviews I've ever seen on Amazon. Is it actually readable?

I was planning to read Aftermath but it got some of the most scathing reviews I've ever seen on Amazon. Is it actually readable?

at the half-way point, there are 4 concurrent/related stories going on. All the new names (and some old ones, which most would know if they were pointed out in RotJ) with the jumping
around make it difficult - lack of flow. Will update next week.

People read books?
2nd one this year, the other was a book my kid needed to read for school, and i needed to do his hw so he could get an A and go to ivy league school.

Why did they wait 10 years to do this, it's been too long. I don't even remember the last movie I saw. As a general rule, these series get milked too much. I was a big fan of the Lord of the Rings books/movies but that last one was ridiculous. How many times are we going to see a huge battle scene where the good guys are battling overwhelming odds but get saved at the last moment by ghosts/eagles/etc. Come on!

Of course the GREAT Rocky series from my beloved philly breaks this rule - every movie was better than the last and totally believable!

Just finished reading aftermath. The tough part about this book is that it is written like a movie. It jumps from scene to scene providing concurrent timelines. Luck plays a significant role in much of the action. There are a few unexpected twists but the outcome is not in question.

Seeds are planted and new characters are introduced leading into the movie. Was a quick read other than needing a cheat sheet for the characters. They did use the word crepuscular, which made me chuckle. http://www.mtbnj.com/forum/threads/moon-shadows-are-evil.19292/page-59#post-601314

So I'd say read it if ya like the Star Wars back stories. Won't be necessary to the movie plot.

Is his sled team crepuscular? That would limit it.

wood bye

http://www.whatonearthcatalog.com/c...GOOGLE7&gclid=CLOj-7a8u8kCFRRlfgodxAMF5g#copy

VR8079_Main.jpg

I cant wait until I can again buy a container of "food of any kind" that does not have the fucking death star printed on it.

Back
Top Bottom