The Longest Day 2020

KStwenty1

The Longest Day is set Saturday, June 20.

For those who aren't familiar with this ride it is a one way-one day ride from Port Jervis NY to Cape May. This year marks the 40th anniversary of the event and the CJBC is stepping up their efforts to make this one to remember. New for this year will feature round trip transportation from Metro Park for your bike & gear AND SAG van support the whole way down. Tonight is the final budget meeting and registration will be soon be announced. You can also follow this on Facebook @TheLongestDay2020.

You can always post up questions here on this thread and I'll do my best to answer them in a timely manner.

Hopefully either ride or help out this year!!!

https://www.facebook.com/TheLongestDay2020/
That’s great Pat and thank you for your help! This year we will have two fully stocked rest areas at Six Mike Run Canal Lot (mike 75) and Brenden T Byrne State Forest Ranger Station (mile126).

There are also three SAG vehicles and drivers are needed. Two passenger vans and one small box truck for the bikes and gear. Drivers will enjoy a paid room on Friday night in Matamoras PA (Best Western) and complimentary dinner. Saturday will also have three paid meals. So really all we’re asking is for the commitment of time from 3pm on Friday, June 19 to Midnight the next day. It’s a long day for sure.
One thing of note, we are fully insured for this ride. We want to make sure this year is the best it can be as we constatntly strive to elevate this ride to a higher level.

Logistics...ugh
Here’s how we are planning the event:
Friday June 20
Riders show up with their bike, riding gear, extra clothes, or whatever they wish to bring to Metro Park in Iselin where there will be two 15 passenger vans and 1 box truck. The trucks will be loaded up with the bikes and gear with extreme care as riders get transportation up to the Best Western Matamoras PA. in the passenger vans.
All vehicles will leave Iselin at 3PM SHARP!
That evening will be a high carb dinner for riders and drivers at the hotel from 5-8pm.
Saturday,June 20
The next morning riders may leave when they want as there is no official start time.
All riders will be given a cue sheet, GPS turn by turn directions, and SAG support the whole way down AND two fully stocked rest areas. We will have pizza and “sodas” at the finish line for all. All three vehicles will be there to greet and load the riders for a ride back to Metro Park. The vans and truck will leave Cape May no later than 10pm!

We chose Metro Park due to its central location and it being on the Northeast Corridor. NJ Transit allows bicycles on off peak hours during each weekday. For riders who choose to drive and park at Metro Park, there are parking fees to consider and are the responsibility of the rider.

We hoped to cover any logistical issues and have put a lot of work into making this the best ride ever.

This is pretty awesome!!
Yes I’d say! It’s a huge step up from last year. Monica an I have been running this ride for four years straight and have added rest stops and a pre-ride dinner for the first time ever which we included with the cost of registration. However, ThIs year we chose to take much less of a roll due to family issues.
The club has stepped it up building on those successes by adding and solving the logistical issues. I’ve been told there will be a significant increase in registration due to the addition of transportation, insurance costs and SAG support.

The ride will feature two tiered pricing for those who need transportation and those who don’t. Registration will most likely open March 1.

Who wants to ride it with me, then bail 50 miles in and take a train to the nearest Popeye's for a chicken sandwich?

Oh god, not me. A crit, maybe an Enduro, but 208 miles??? Don't you all know my dark secret? I've never done a ride over 80 miles. That's why this would be a very lofty goal for me. I think if I did some mushrooms at about mile 75, I'd be good.

It's a really easy 208 though. And 75 miles would put around the Six Mile Run Rest Stop so I could leave something for you there, like Cocaine.

I'd kinda like to give this a go. That's usually a busy time of year, but I might be able to make this work if I can work out the logistics.

Back
Top Bottom