The Guitar Player Thread.

Update on my fake Chuck. Today when the child got home he put my old Dimarzio Super Distortion from the Talman into it. Then I restrung it with a set of heavy bottoms and gave it a more proper setup.

All in we’re about $350 invested so far. A lot nicer on the wallet than a real one 🤷‍♂️

IMG_2509.jpeg

IMG_2510.jpeg

IMG_2511.jpeg

How many years in before you could ID any note on the fretboard by sight?.

And by sound?

Doing Rick Beatos ear training and it’s tough.
Roughly two years by sight, as long as it's in standard E tuning. Started guitar when I was 9. Or 10. Or 11?
By ear? That's a different story. Grew up playing music so I have relative pitch. And it just develops over time. The more you listen, the more you notice and can pick out notes.
Rick Beato's son has perfect pitch which is quite rare to have and is pretty much something you are born with. It's kind of a curse too because you'll be able to hear any slight imperfection in any tonal sound.

Passing through Nashville today - I love to tease myself with these. None other than Jimmie Page walked into the Gibson Garage when I was there.

I know how much @Steve Vai loves Gibson so I knew I needed to post up!

If you are a PRS fan - the private stock stuff at the Guitar Center in Nashville is mind blowing. The finishes are out of this world.

View attachment 231638View attachment 231639View attachment 231640View attachment 231641View attachment 231642View attachment 231643View attachment 231644

Pretty sure they wouldn't let me in that store.

Last edited:
Seriously?! Thats epic!
It was wild. Word in the shop was Gibson is doing a new artist series for him and he was meeting with Cesar. I was chatting with another dude there who noted he gave him directions into the shop, after he left he thought “wasn’t that Jimmie Page” - and it was.

I also spoke with one of the techs that designed the wrestling inspired guitars that hit the Mod Collection on Wednesdays.

Epic poop indeed.

We are definitely not worthy.
Did he sit down, pick something up, and play?
Negative, he went through the main entrance and was quickly ushered into the artists area. Looking at the building it looks like Gibson rents 30% or so of the first floor (all the way to the left) but has a lot of the second floor as there are guitar bodies leaning against the window much further down then where the retail area occupies (center of the building - 2nd floor).

IMG_0478.jpegIMG_0479.jpeg

Passing through Nashville today - I love to tease myself with these. None other than Jimmie Page walked into the Gibson Garage when I was there.

I know how much @Steve Vai loves Gibson so I knew I needed to post up!

If you are a PRS fan - the private stock stuff at the Guitar Center in Nashville is mind blowing. The finishes are out of this world.

View attachment 231638View attachment 231639View attachment 231640View attachment 231641View attachment 231642View attachment 231643View attachment 231644
Carters looks like a fun place!

I was going to post this in smile thread but figured here is a better spot.

At the HS my youngest Zach (now 17 a Junior) is part of the Rock and roll academy since the 6th grade and these 4 kids have been playing together for most of that time.

The progression is unreal and this specific group is a band they formed in addition to the in classroom bands they have. They debuted some new songs last week this one got a standing ovation.

He’s on bass that green fender jazz bass he saved 3 months of work money to buy himself last year.

He’s now taking private bass lessons to improve his skills and learn to read sheet music.

Some pics and Hopefully the link to my shared video works.

#prouddad

IMG_4300.jpeg
IMG_4294.jpeg

Quality joke, but interested in the sim racing stuff. Maybe a dedicated thread for the ~3 interested parties on this site?
Don't want to clog up the guitar thread with sim stuff so I'd follow a dedicated racing thread.

I don't race as much as I'd want to since I don't have a sim rig set up at the moment and moving everything on and off my desk when I want to race is annoying. But when I do race it's usually iRacing or Assetto Corsa on the PC or IRL RC cars.

PXL_20211225_221523442~2 - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
Don't want to clog up the guitar thread with sim stuff so I'd follow a dedicated racing thread.

I don't race as much as I'd want to since I don't have a sim rig set up at the moment and moving everything on and off my desk when I want racing is annoying. But when I do race it's usually iRacing or Assetto Corsa on the PC or IRL RC cars.

View attachment 232345

another iracing user here. same problem, dont drive very much bc setting up the desk sucks

Back
Top Bottom