The Covid effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of people aren’t in it for the money.
Yes, people who have already made a shit ton.
I’m in for the money because I have to be. I have to support a family and have to pay off my debt(mortgage).
Just like the rest of us. NJ is the same as everywhere else, people want to save some money and get their kids nice things. Anyway, Seacrest out, I can't follow the logic here.

Yes, i understand Pittsburgh's south side is a total crap hole, but you can buy a house for a very low cost with $1500 in property taxes. Makes dropping money into a renovation easier to handle.
Lol. My son lives on one of the worst blocks in Southside. Right on the corner of East Carson and 14th, just where everyone says not to live. He loves it. He has a huge renovated 2 story modern loft and only pays $1275. All his friends who live in other cities think his place is worth about $5k month. But yes, any other nice fully renovated home will be closer to 7 figures than I'd want.

Last edited:
Just a rambling man. Basically I was making a statement to how congested NJ because since Covid. I should have been more specific and said that NYC just decided to buy every piece of real estate up 15 miles west of Manhattan on the east coast of NJ. Sure people have been leaving NJ for a while until covid. In my mind the people leaving in most areas never stopped but the 5% coming into NJ came to the very specific metro/nj shore area.

To be clear, you pay higher income tax to work in NJ and live in MD but complain about it when you have a place in PA.

Yeah but the PA place is only due to the oil & gas rights. Otherwise he’d sell it to fracking interests and buy an estate in the Frederick Watershed where he could retire and bitch all day about NJ on the internet.

My brother is doing that now for his kids. They built a house down the shore during COVID for 1.8 He now wants to buy the house behind him so he can connect the backyards together so that he can make it into a pool house. Oh, and he also wants to build another shore house... Meanwhile, I'm having Stouffer's for dinner 😂
Hey Stouffer's mac and cheese is straight 🔥 no shame in that

Yeah but the PA place is only due to the oil & gas rights. Otherwise he’d sell it to fracking interests and buy an estate in the Frederick Watershed where he could retire and bitch all day about NJ on the internet.

Exactly, like living in the mtbnj forums and bitching about everyhing Dave Taylor says every time you can since 2015. We’re obviously of the same highly regarded nature.

Just a rambling man. Basically I was making a statement to how congested NJ because since Covid. I should have been more specific and said that NYC just decided to buy every piece of real estate up 15 miles west of Manhattan on the east coast of NJ. Sure people have been leaving NJ for a while until covid. In my mind the people leaving in most areas never stopped but the 5% coming into NJ came to the very specific metro/nj shore area.

I just sold and moved thirty miles further south. Feels like Wall was when I was a kid. I hope they keep coming so I can sell at a large profit and become a snowbird in 20 years. My meals out here cost almost half of what I paid in Point, there is minimal traffic and no one bothers me. I housed up big time and am on two acres vs. my old 125x125. NJ is a great place - it is expensive, but you can make a lot of $ and have steady opportunities. The shore in NJ will keep building up until it looks like Fort Lauderdale.

Microphone drop ….🎤

The honest truth is that I enjoy all of my friends and family in NJ. You could pay me 1 million bucks to move back here but my current compensation is less than 1/3 of what it would require for me to move my family back. I enjoy the diversity of mountain bike trails in New Jersey. I enjoy some of the road riding up north down south and out west. I enjoy all of my riding buddies. I’m not even against anyone that personally wants to stay here or says that they enjoy NJ. Personally, having been on the other side now realize how much greener the grass is as far as quality of life for my family. Yes I made a decision to move, and maybe overlooked salary and compensation. I am human. The truth is most people I talk to cannot wait to get out of NJ. But if you put them on the spot in an Internet for him they get very defensive. Understandable, it is a New Jersey mountain bike forum. The opposite of my situation is a guy like Utah. He seems very content with staying in a smaller house, paying off his bills and having great trails across the street, I think my previous area of Hazlet, which is in the Area of Hartshorne and Huber got way over populated way too fast and drastically affected the road riding and trail systems. Even my commute got worse by a longshot. I really have no ill intent with this post, but I will state my opinion, and even defend my opinion. I’ve had people that have posted on this thread that really did not care other than to bully me for the last eight years with their Internet power. That shows the person they are am I a hypocrite for looking forward to Wednesday night chimney rock ride? I don’t think so. And anyone that knows me knows that my online voice and opinion are strong I am a hypocrite to an extent as well, as I always thought that someone working in end NYC was nuts for living on the border of Pennsylvania. I still do not think I am wrong with those thoughts as the commute has not got any better in the last 10 to 15 years. if anything, it is far worse. In the end, the voices that have shown an opinion here support my general theory. People are in NJ for the money and benefits. If the money and benefits were not here, they probably would not live here.

@Pearl Is Charlotte traffic ever that bad? Like on a scale from 0-New Jersey, does it ever get that bad? Looking up rough #s Charlotte is much less dense than NNJ and doesn't have the older infrastructure to deal with.

I know when people here in WNC talk about traffic it's laughable coming from NJ.
I was in Charlotte last November. Other than the major freeways, it felt every road was a 2 lane road with no shoulder and driveways every 10 ft. And 4 way stops every 10. IMHO driving there sucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom