The 2022 lawn thread

Looking for a little bit more range than that...

That was the wife's original plan. Then the neighbor told us that he had one installed and soon after the bats took over their attic, and the house were he lived before, just around the corner, had the same problem...the idea pops out every now and then but it's immediately discarded after recalling that story (also, we do not have an attic).

Not really looking to repel as much as wipe out the mosquito population, the fishes in the neighbor's koi pond must be finnicky eaters...
Flame thrower then, because....fire.

I used these and the they seemed to work, but you never know… did they work or was it a light year for skeeters. I think they use yeast to generate the co2 to attract them.
Reading the Hazard Sheet gave me the chills, mostly because I did not understand 3/4 of it!

Traditionally it's done in the fall with seeding. Opening up the ground and exposing soil at the beginning of the growing season (spring) can potentially give weed seeds a chance to sprout.

If you have heavy clay soil, or high traffic areas or a thatch problem then aerating every year is a good idea. Otherwise you can skip aeration.

If you're unsure about what to do, do everything 3x, if anything else it will make you feel better.
I played Hominy Wednesday and it looked as if they just aerated. They must be on the 3x plan.

Wasn’t planning to cut the grass yet but I found this Toro mower at the curb at the end of last season and it was working fine so I covered it with a tarp and put it in the yard over the winter.

Yesterday I was moving stuff out of the yard for the town junk collection day and decided to see if it would still start. Added some gas and hit the carb with some starter fluid and it fired up on the first pull. At that point since I had the time I just did the first quick cut to the front yard since it was getting a little unruly already. Backyard will get done this weekend with the full stick clean up, edge trimming and the like.

Mower needs new front wheels so it kinda slides around but it runs great. I will clean it up for a quick flip sale since the other Like new mower I found a few seasons ago is much better than this one.

54F3B01D-A642-4F82-AE17-BCE0785EFDC4.jpeg

Just picked up a bottle of Tenacity. It's a pre emergent & safe for overseeding.
Lmk what you think of it. Some neglect has let in undesirables out front. Used the big box pre emergents when the forsythias bloomed but never really works. The back doesn't get much with the dog and chickens.

Decided had to cut the yard today since I had the time some spots were getting too tall.

First had to rake up all the sticks and then do the annual “shed swap” and put away the snowblower and rearrange it in case I need the generator. Neighbors weren’t too pleased that my carbon footprint was about a size 28 when I had all these running. Everything even started with just a few pulls thanks to the fuel stabilizer I use all year round.

Yard needs a weed and feed treatment dandelions are popping already but I waited since the dog needed to run the yard when I was done.

And That Husqvarna mower is still one of the greatest curbside finds I have scored.

4376A959-1780-4F16-8377-D7327F719780.jpeg
92ABD553-12D1-44AD-A4FF-FF84E5A4AE1E.jpeg

second cut - on the diagonal

1651431493698.png

Put a pint of oil in the mower -
the throttle cable froze in the jacket, so did a little manual setting of wide-open-throttle - ordered a new cable, which includes the throttle handle. ??
need to pick-up a few sticks now.

Oh trust me it didn't go to waste! Fixed a few bare spots of my own and the rest went to regrow where everything died from having a trailer parked on it for 2 years

For many Italian’s that came to the burbs from NYC years ago, they would allow a year or two of foot traffic to determine where they would drop a walkway... usually concrete.

Sounds like a spot you like to put your trailer?!?! Drop some Delaware blue down and reduce the foot print you have to manage.

For many Italian’s that came to the burbs from NYC years ago, they would allow a year or two of foot traffic to determine where they would drop a walkway... usually concrete.

Sounds like a spot you like to put your trailer?!?! Drop some Delaware blue down and reduce the foot print you have to manage.
I fibbed a little, it was actually a school bus turned into an RV, not a trailer. But that probably warrants more explanation 😄.... it's now under new ownership on its way to Cali

Mine was similarView attachment 184100

I geek out on edging and gaps as well. I would prolly clean out that gap between the sidewalk and driveway skirt and drop poly sand to avoid any green from creeping in. 😬🤷🏼‍♂️
It's on the agenda. Right after I finish weeding and mulching all the flower beds. With two toddlers and a wife that works 70ish hours a week, the landscaping has been severely neglected the last few years.

Back
Top Bottom