Taconic 909 Race - Sunday 8/19

I did the race 2 years ago, and it was a really fun course. Not super technical but had a few surprises (a few steep drops) and a descent that seemed to go forever and had you giggling the whole time. I do not know if it is the same the course this year, but usually worth the drive up. Hopefully they will mark by Friday or post a GPS file. I plan to go.

I'd also like to go despite the really long drive...and the fact that I don't have front brakes at the moment :eek:
It might be the last xc race I'll be able to do this year

I enjoy riding the trails at 909 more so than Tymor. They seem to flow well, and last years course was not a good example of the trails there. The promoter was very apologetic about the last minute change to the course last year, that was out of their control. I'm sure they have something fun planned for this year.

i'm traveling up there to ride tomorrow. not sure about time, wheels down 9/10am?, as it will depend on how late i stay at work tonight.

I'm going to try looking it up, but are there rules that state you must have the bike equipped with a f&r brake?

I'm doing a pre-ride around 10:30 tomorrow with some of my teammates. They have the file for the course. I will report back after the ride :). I do not have a gps but can let you all know if it is anything like 2010 course.

Just heard from the promoter and race course is always clockwise, so my guess is that Utahs file is similar or close. I rode it today and it was way fun with the forever downhill!! :) Really fun flowing course.

thank you ellen, darlene, and tom for letting me join your ride today. i had a great time.

Any chance someone is traveling to the 12:30 start race and has room for me & my ride?
I will happily contribute toward gas$$
PM me if you are traveling form the Essex NJ area.

Just registered. If anyone wants to carpool up, just let me know. I'll probably leave around 6:30 or 7 from exit 137 off the pkwy.

Is parking really that limited up there? I see they are encouraging people to drive up together. I would try to drive up with someone but need to split right after cat 3 results are posted.

Parking is limited pretty much to the length of Tyrell Road, but I wouldn't let that deter you from doing what you gotta do.

My legs are shot today as well. The start of the lap is deceiving, as it is all false flat. I do love the long decent as it seems to go on forever. Fun course!

What the heck, where are all the race recaps? Here's mine: A very bad flare up of diverticulitis has me off the bike for 2 weeks. Start to feel better a few days before the race so prereg, even though totally out of shape. Just wanted to be there though. Night before race I wake up at 2 am with the stomach burn again which keeps me up until 7 am, an hour before I was scheduled to meet up with Mitch and drive up. Pulled the plug. Other than the 130 degree temps of last year's race I remember Taconic as being a really nice race. Bummed to miss. Not dead yet though and see you at Tymor.

How was everyone else's race?

Back
Top Bottom