Sunday ride

..you'll see the tight twisty sections in some pines that I feel are just too tight. Anyway those can be rerouted? Is this a common trait of IMBA trails for NJ? I rode some super tight trails at Batsto that took the speed and fun out of the ride.
I'll let others speak for EMP, but the tight sections at Batsto were included, by request, for some sport and expert xc racers in the area. I thought they were too tight too. Until I watched those guys skip thru them. No hesitation. No brakes. No coasting. :cool: (And that includes the pair of pine trees that I still need to completely stop for and wiggle my bars thru.)

Most of the other NJ parks have wider trails. (Having obstacles like rocks and elevation changes on hand to provide challenges.) Head north to Hartshorne, Allamuchy, Chimney Rock, etc. if you want something completely different.

I'll let others speak for EMP, but the tight sections at Batsto were included, by request, for some sport and expert xc racers in the area. I thought they were too tight too. Until I watched those guys skip thru them. No hesitation. No brakes. No coasting. :cool: (And that includes the pair of pine trees that I still need to completely stop for and wiggle my bars thru.)

Most of the other NJ parks have wider trails. (Having obstacles like rocks and elevation changes on hand to provide challenges.) Head north to Hartshorne, Allamuchy, Chimney Rock, etc. if you want something completely different.

Yeah I like some challenging turns but I had to come to about a complete stop to make it through because the turns were too tight of a radius. It felt like they were there to slow you down. I'd love to hear a professional explanation for it just so I understand why they were created the way they are.

I've found that when I show up and help out with the trail maintenance, I have some input on the trail design.

I'd love to hear a professional explanation for it just so I understand why they were created the way they are.
You might have to wait a while for a professional explanation. :D A prohessianal explanation for the WSF Batsto trail tightness would be... the tight turns and corridors on the northern side of the PBT are there to entertain advanced XC riders.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions