Stewarts State Forest

mcim29

Riding Stewarts for the 2nd. time. First time was this past year at SSP. What's the best entrance to park in where we can get the most out of the trails.

Mike, I would park at the same spot as the SSaP. There are several trails right out from that lot; the one we finished the race on as well as others on the opposite side of the dirt road were we started the race.

Thanks.

I haven't been to Stewarts yet. Is the spot you are recommending the same as the address listed on the Stewart 6-pack reg. page i.e.:

400 Ridge Road, Montgomery, NY12553

Thanks!

My favorite spot so far was on Barton Rd. Park right under or around the Rt. 84 overpass. The trails on that side were also more fun.

The lot off Little Britain Rd. has a huge uphill to get back to the car.

the lot on weed road

https://www.google.com/maps/place/N...2!3m1!1s0x89dd2b18c4cd11bb:0x91b08c795da67312

is generally where people park to ride stewart state park. it's a good size lot and there's a terrible (read: shit in the woods, it's way safer) porta-potty by the ranger station there. it's also easy to get to. (the address is weed road and route 207, rock tavern ny)

edit: i ride there quite a bit so if you want some pro on the place i can point you in the right direction, just pm me. if you park at weed road this is a route i like: go through the gate and down the hill past the ranger station. you'll see some single track on the right (white cloud) which is good but i like to go slightly farther and take "Orchards" on the left which is nice and flowy. Orchards all the way down and you'll hit new road. ride straight across new road and follow the single track in front of you. freestyle from there but the rule for stewart is this: if the trail disapears into deeper water, turn around, it only get worse...much, much worse. also, if you use GPS many of the "roads" that are on gps are not roads and can lead to the middle of corn fields. so use the trail map. http://www.stewardsofstewart.org/maps/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom