Stephens State Park Conditions

One more tree down This time on Vistar.

Screenshot 2024-02-04 at 4.16.49 PM.png

IMG_6428.jpg

Looking to see what conditions are like today, hoping for Saturday. I wont ride in mud. I just dont do it.

I guessing up high is good, expecting trestle trail is off limits?

Everything but the lower maze was good last Sunday, some water crossings were high. The freeze thaw will probably keep the lower maze slick and the new NICA trail messy, but the rest of the park should be perfect.

I was able to visit the last few targets on the northern side of Stevens this evening. Tilcon lake trail. Vistar. Upper mulch pit. Mulch pit. And a few tuneups. As far as I know, Stevens is all caught up!!. If you find anything new, lmk!!. Thanks! In the meantime, focus shifts to Allamuchy North and a few stragglers elsewhere.

I was able to visit the last few targets on the northern side of Stevens this evening. Tilcon lake trail. Vistar. Upper mulch pit. Mulch pit. And a few tuneups. As far as I know, Stevens is all caught up!!. If you find anything new, lmk!!. Thanks! In the meantime, focus shifts to Allamuchy North and a few stragglers elsewhere.
even though I don't ride MTB as much as I want to, just a word of thanks for all the work you put in here.

This is timely as this coming weekend there will certainly be a lot of riding happening at this place on both days; hopefully Sunday I will be there too.

Thank you for doing this. Very much appreciated.

Thx again for all the kind words. It's grown beyond a hobby, now a bit of an obsession.. I not only like doing it but I also enjoy the workout. It's sure getting me out and about on the bike, Sometimes improving my knowledge of the trail system. Adventure with a purpose.

Sometimes I have to remember to break away from it too. I actually went on a 17.5 mi ride today too in Stephens! Like for pure fun...Without the chainsaw! Lol. We still ran into one blowdown on green somewhere which we hand sawed out. (The "big boy" Silky saw lives in my regular pack). This was a target that I didn't have an exact location on, and couldn't find on a prior mission. *Now* all caught up!

Hiked in from the RR Xing up "Middle maze" to remove this one this evening. Thank to Dennis K for the assist. Expect a little down time on the chainsawing ops while I have my knee fixed. I'm hoping I'll be back at it in about a month or so? In the meantime please keep the great Intel coming, it'll be eventually caught up with or taken care of by the other chainsaw fairies.

(At least in the mazes) Things seem to be in pretty good shape for biking as long as you hit it when things are frozen and not too soft.

Attachments

• PXL_20240221_213344952.jpg
    PXL_20240221_213344952.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 42
  • PXL_20240221_215122834.jpg
    PXL_20240221_215122834.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 43
2 trees down on Upper Mulch Pit/ Depasquale trail.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240309-212324_Strava.jpg
    Screenshot_20240309-212324_Strava.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 36
  • 20240309_103938.jpg
    20240309_103938.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 32
  • 20240309_103556.jpg
    20240309_103556.jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 33

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions