Standing bike pumps

As the world turns... yet another twist to this tale. Went into the garage to top off the tires and the front tube blew out again: ?

20190102_102343.jpg

Two scenarios here: either I have multiple defective tubes which are too weak around the junction of the stem and tube, or my POS designed pump is exerting too much force getting the valve on the stem. My vote is the latter.

As the world turns... yet another twist to this tale. Went into the garage to top off the tires and the front tube blew out again: ?

View attachment 84338

Two scenarios here: either I have multiple defective tubes which are too weak around the junction of the stem and tube, or my POS designed pump is exerting too much force getting the valve on the stem. My vote is the latter.
what tubes are you using? I bought a bunch of tubes online like the ones you have in your pic with the smooth valves, vs threaded, and they were all garbage. They constantly flatted on my road bike as well. Why haven't you gone to tubeless?

what tubes are you using? I bought a bunch of tubes online like the ones you have in your pic with the smooth valves, vs threaded, and they were all garbage. They constantly flatted on my road bike as well. Why haven't you gone to tubeless?

These are continental conti race tubes. Yeah I gotta try tubeless, will see if the local Florida house call bike guy can do it.

View attachment 84338

There are reports of counterfeit contitubes out there, is conti printed on the tube anywhere?? Did you happen to buy one of the mutlipacks
On amazon?? If not, take them back to the shop Where you bought them.

There are reports of counterfeit contitubes out there, is conti printed on the tube anywhere?? Did you happen to buy one of the mutlipacks
On amazon?? If not, take them back to the shop Where you bought them.

Looks legit. It was ridiculously hard to push the valve onto the stem

20190102_215108.jpg

then maybe you have the collar/sleeve/bushing in the pump head too tight, and it needs to be a hair looser so it goes on nicely and still grabs

then maybe you have the collar/sleeve/bushing in the pump head too tight, and it needs to be a hair looser so it goes on nicely and still grabs

I'll fiddle with it a little more before it hits the backyard fire-pit. Even when it pops off under pumping, it still requires a pretty hard push to seat the valve.

Back
Top Bottom