SRAM Pro Bleed Kit.

goodvibe

I have a question for the masses.
I have a SRAM Pro Bleed Kit. It appears that the tube has hardened and clouded up making it so that I can't get suction in the syringe without pulling in air. I would like to replace the hoses, but I cannot find them anywhere and I would like your help to find them. I spoke with SRAM and they said to get a new kit because the tubes weren't available separately. I went to the Home Depot, a large auto parts store, and a surgical supply store. I would appreciate any help you can provide.

When I store them, I clean them out and blow them out to ensure they are dry and then store them in an airtight bag.

The one on the top below is the one in question and the one on the bottom is a new tube.

IMG_0915.JPG

I've used the flexible tubing for fish tanks found at pet stores on my old Shimano and Hayes bleed kits with great success. I haven't had to replace the hose on my SRAM bleed kit yet but I can't imagine the hose diameter would be significantly different, just as long as the fitment is snug you should be okay. It should be a cheap fix and comes in a long roll to cut down to size (and a LOT leftover for the future) to try before spending the $$ for another kit just for the hoses.

I picked up the hoses from PetSmart and put them in. The diameter was the same as the tubing on the kit. The fluid came spewing out of the vents in the tip. I guess I have to try a different brand of tubing.

Back
Top Bottom