Speed play frog pedals

bergsnj

These old speed play frog pedals came on a bike that I inherited from my uncle. Apparently the cleats are unobtainable now. I have never even seen this style but apparently they existed until about 2020. Is it worth searching for a used set of cleats?

IMG_3245.jpeg

The best thing about the frogs .... they had no moving parts. I rode with a guy who swore by those for years.

These old speed play frog pedals came on a bike that I inherited from my uncle. Apparently the cleats are unobtainable now. I have never even seen this style but apparently they existed until about 2020. Is it worth searching for a used set of cleats?

View attachment 216649
Well if you really want to try them i have a set of cleats and pedals you can have. I seem to be missing one of the cleat screws. Id imagine that is somewhat available. Pm me an address and ill get u the cleats...pedals too if you want.
Frogs are like this. Best float you will ever have....a little weird getting your foot back in if your bopping around on a mtb snd a foot comes out. The pedal isnt a lot to stand on when not clipped.

Attachments

• 20230628_221251.jpg
    20230628_221251.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 61
Sell them on the inter webs, Frog people will come out the woodwork and start a war.

I'm pretty sure I have a set floating around somewhere. Frog people are weird 🤣

Well if you really want to try them i have a set of cleats and pedals you can have. I seem to be missing one of the cleat screws. Id imagine that is somewhat available. Pm me an address and ill get u the cleats...pedals too if you want.
Frogs are like this. Best float you will ever have....a little weird getting your foot back in if your bopping around on a mtb snd a foot comes out. The pedal isnt a lot to stand on when not clipped.
Nah, they're worthless without that screw...I'll take them, LOL!

It's a regular flat head metric screw, can't remember the size, I think I have like a 100 pack somewhere. Even the bearings are very easy to find if you need to rebuild them, only issue is the plastic body gets worn out with the clip in/clip out.

That is seriously generous, thank you. I'll take you up on that and dm you.

Back
Top Bottom