Soundz Like Riding Short Time Many Time

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
Thunder Cats Ho!

tumblr_nl0hriz8p91qc3f0io1_500.jpg

broke

And I will form the head!
complains about knee and back pain...puts knees directly on cold floor.

Shoogs

I've never noticed that you have Groovy LUV handles on your bike.

Been pondering a set of those for Mrs. G's bike, since she's reluctant to stop using Mary bars.

I have a steel one if you'd like to borrow for a spell.
My wife uses the 20/20s soundz posted, you'll have to pry those out of her hands.

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
2015 mooch madness recap

- saturday: head out to bsa to camp out with @Schilling
- set up camp, eat/drink at Salt
- head to starbucks to check emails
- get txt from @mattybfat, says bring beer
- arrive at @mattybfat's mansion, finish watching game and drink beer
- back to camp by 12:30am
- sit in front of fire for 2hrs
- sleep
- woodpeckers going off at 6am, up now
- take pictures of race stuff
- go to warm up
- catch a stick, hanger explodes
- back to reg area, have 45min to figure out bike situation
- borrow bike from @ChrisRU
- 15 minutes before start time, phone goes off
- server is down
- grab laptop, fix server
- make it to line 2 minutes before start
- maybe around 10th after all the climbing
- almost out of water, should have brought another bottle
- coming down ice cream, start to see double
- kinda light headed
- can't tell where the rocks are
- feel like ass
- slow it down, still seeing double
- make it back to reg area .. ready to throw in the towel
- decide to switch out my glasses with a normal one
- fill up my bottle
- off to the races
- painful, but no more double vision
- left calf cramp, eventually spin out of it
- right calf cramp, eventually spin out of it
- left foot cramp, eventually spin out of it
- 14th
- almost run over my bike, but @Robin saves me
- sleepy

20150419-P1030829-L.jpg

Last edited:

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Good recap. Wondering if you have this issues with dizziness and such on your normal rides?

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Good recap. Wondering if you have this issues with dizziness and such on your normal rides?

It has happened to me just once before during BIYF, but that day I also only had like 2-3hrs sleep and was like 5hrs into the ride part of which was trying to keep up with Finkraft riders. So I suspect it just has to do with lack of sleep combined with hard effort.

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
This was far from one of Jimmys "normal rides".. plus that happens when you wear those $2.00 glasses for 3D movies..

Nice job doe Jimmy, you looked cool on a real bike..

Robin

Jimmmmmyyyyyy! don't forget to include that at the end of the day, you almost backed over your bike!

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
It has happened to me just once before during BIYF, but that day I also only had like 2-3hrs sleep and was like 5hrs into the ride part of which was trying to keep up with Finkraft riders. So I suspect it just has to do with lack of sleep combined with hard effort.
Didn't this happen before at the Stewart? race when they put you on the dead sled? Think it is mainly a water issue?

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Well I had like no sleep for that one as well but no double vision.
Hmmm, I am remembering now that you have some crazy sleep, or lack their of, schedule. I guess trying to conform to a traditional schedule for a day probably causes some issues.

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hmmm, I am remembering now that you have some crazy sleep, or lack their of, schedule. I guess trying to conform to a traditional schedule for a day probably causes some issues.

Sleep schedule has been more normal lately, well not compared to a 9-5 person, but I actually sleep at night now for the most part. I have felt crappy on a bike many times because of lack of sleep but the 2 times this year have been first for seeing double. In general I need to hydrate better regularly but I don't think I'm too bad with that.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Fun write up!

I used to get light headed all the time on rides and I found it to be mostly from lack of hydration before the ride. I'm on a saltine cracker/banana/bottle of water before a ride tradition now. Sodium, carbs, anti-cramping, simple sugars, and H2O!

rick81721

Lothar
Fun write up!

I used to get light headed all the time on rides and I found it to be mostly from lack of hydration before the ride. I'm on a saltine cracker/banana/bottle of water before a ride tradition now. Sodium, carbs, anti-cramping, simple sugars, and H2O!

Yeah I really like that bullet point style of recap.

Mountain Bike Mike

Pleasure meeting you sir... I did catch a couple glimpses of the bike leaning up against the building in the morning... So sweet - sorry you had mechanical issues with it.

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
Nice recap! Love the bullet format. Nothing better than campfire @ 2am night before a race

Top Bottom