SOLD Cannondale Scalpel 29 XL - $1300 for the MTBNJ Fam

Status
Not open for further replies.
works great :\
Had nothing to do with the lefty though. Every one of these frames broke. Mine actually lasted a long time in comparison. The lefty puts less stress on the head tube because it's braced from the top and the bottom. On a conventional fork, there is an assload of pressure on the bottom bearing compared to the top.

YHxkHHm.jpg

Could the parts and fork be transferred to a medium hardtail?
Yes, no, sorta.
Cannondale started fitting the lefty clamp to clamp measurements to the bike size. So the XL will have a pretty big clamp to clamp gap. You'd probably want a lefty off a medium bike, or off a large bike if you have an old school 4" external bearing head tube like I do.
Take a look at the stack height of whatever frame you want to put it on and the clamp to clamp size of a lefty from an XL cannondale.

works great :\
Had nothing to do with the lefty though. Every one of these frames broke. Mine actually lasted a long time in comparison. The lefty puts less stress on the head tube because it's braced from the top and the bottom. On a conventional fork, there is an assload of pressure on the bottom bearing compared to the top.

YHxkHHm.jpg

I was looking at the Nimble 9, which ones broke on you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom