Snowboard Binding Recomendations

I have 4 seasons on my K2 boots with the BOA closure system. Super comfy, easy in/out. I would definitely buy 'em again.
icon14.gif

Same, going on my 3rd season w/ Vans single BOA. I really like how they are clean and there isn't 2 sets of laces dangling all over the place. The tounge seems to stay in position more than lace jobs I've used in the past.

Like Jeff said, easy in/out. One very nice feature is driving to the hill with the BOA boots on - just push in the release button and move your foot a bit.

I saw those 32's in a shop in VT. If I didn't need bindings first, I'd probably would have tried them on and depending on fit walked out with them. They looked really really nice and pretty light too.

I haven't tried the BOA on snow yet but I do really like the way it works with bike shoes.

I have been eyeing these with the double boa system:

http://thirtytwo.com/boots/fall-2008/mens/focus-boa/
These are my first BOA anything. I saw the system at a North Face event earlier this year and knew my next boots would be BOA. I tried on the Ride Crew which is the next boot up from what I got, and they had the double BOA with separate heel and toe area BOA systems. They definitely felt better from an adjustable perspective but I couldn't justify the extra $100 (would rather put that towards bike bits).

And Mixman - I am looking forward to not being that old dork with the ancient bindings anymore. :D

Check out Union bindings. Awesome bindings and there priced accordingly, nothing crazy.

However, I do always mention that I have Burton Cartels as well and they have never failed me.

I also dislike the ride bindings, they were always a pain strapping in and out.

Good Luck, your practically a neighbor lol when Im at my parents house in Fair Haven.

..on a side note.

2 of my friends just patented a new binding strap design that I think we we all be using within 2 years.

The design will give all the straps on the bindings some memory. So when you open them up the straps will stay open. The straps will all bend like a flexi straw. You will never step on the straps again.

WCS is name of the company. They won't make binding but their idea should make it into many of the binding we use. They will have retrofits for current bindings in 4 weeks.

Just to update. Last weekend up in Stowe, I bought a pair of Rome Targas. I saw the Flow's in a local shop and researched a bit on a snowboard forum and wasn't really feeling them anymore. Went to Darkside in Stowe (sick shop BTW) and looked at Union, Burton, and Rome. Like how the Rome had a plastic and metal setup and sales person had good things to say about them.

Mounted them up which took a while as there are lots of adjustments. First run I was stoked. Really solid feel, comfy all day in cold conditions, wicked responsive. Ratches worked awesome. Plus they look real good with the Rome Flag I've been running.

jdog - the Targas have a small rubber strap that keep the main strap open. I absolutely loved how it worked and it sounds like your friends' design does the same but is probably a little cleaner design. Keeping the strap out really makes it easier to get into the bindings.

Back
Top Bottom