Smoke from Canada!!

NYC approaching 200 AQI, currently 196. Deets on that here:

RedUnhealthy151 to 200Some members of the general public may experience health effects; members of sensitive groups may experience more serious health effects.
PurpleVery Unhealthy201 to 300Health alert: The risk of health effects is increased for everyone.

I suggest an indoor air cleaner. I got one last year when they were doing controlled burns near me.

Definitely makes a difference indoors at the very least.

Not comforting when it is in automatic and you hear the speed go up...

So I'm guessing no one is riding the next couple of days? Sucks.

Heck with that. Like the USPS, we ride through all the weather*.

* just not like rain and snow because that makes my bike yucky and I'm too lazy to clean it. And you know if it's too cold I stay inside. So I guess it's not like the USPS at all but smoke is fine. I mean it's just like college all over again, no?

Heck with that. Like the USPS, we ride through all the weather*.

* just not like rain and snow because that makes my bike yucky and I'm too lazy to clean it. And you know if it's too cold I stay inside. So I guess it's not like the USPS at all but smoke is fine. I mean it's just like college all over again, no?
I mean, seeing as I don't have respiratory issues I was feeling the same way. So I guess I'm asking for low-key endorsement of bad decisions. 😁

One of those situations where you really see how dumb the general pop is, inundating 911 with calls of a fire in the area, was a big issues in north jersey yesterday. Reading comments on social media was both hilarious and sad at the same time.

Good for pics tho!
IMG_2231.jpegIMG_2236.jpegIMG_2219.jpeg

I mean, y’all can do what you want. I’m staying indoors for a few days.

• Unhealthy (151-200): Pollutant concentrations can cause health problems for everyone. DO NOT exercise outdoors.
  • Very Unhealthy/Hazardous (201-500): Air quality is bad enough to warrant health alerts. Stay indoors with windows closed or leave the area until air quality improves.

NYC approaching 200 AQI, currently 196. Deets on that here:

RedUnhealthy151 to 200Some members of the general public may experience health effects; members of sensitive groups may experience more serious health effects.
PurpleVery Unhealthy201 to 300Health alert: The risk of health effects is increased for everyone.
I feel like this happened a few years ago from the fires in the west and the smoke drifting? am I remembering correctly?

When we were in Tahoe 2 years ago AQI was over 500 from the caldor fire, that was fun

I feel like this happened a few years ago from the fires in the west and the smoke drifting? am I remembering correctly?

When we were in Tahoe 2 years ago AQI was over 500 from the caldor fire, that was fun
Last couple summers the west side of the US has had real bad fires and AQI because of them.

Up here, being outside yesterday was equivalent to smoking seven cigarettes...

Vermont? We rode there yesterday in Dorset.

Ummm ... if you're anything like me, you're still finding COVID masks in jacket pockets so maybe it's like any other fashion item and they should make a comeback? 😷

So what you're saying - and I could be reading this wrong - is that Canada is spreading Covid across the US via wildfires?

Back
Top Bottom