Six Pack mechanicals?

thanks David. what kind of miles between applications? What are the general conditions? I ride hartshorne frequently so I try to avoid anything that attracts sand. For instance, I imagine guys riding Ringwood regularly would seek different traits in a chain lube.

Jeff- the dumonde light would be what you want then. It's not as thick and sticky, therefore attracts less dust and sand.

I'm guessing I get 50+ miles in the woods and 200+ miles on the road between applications. All I do is wipe down the outside of the links between rides with a terry cloth. When I reapply, I use as little as possible and wipe off all the excess immediately. I've used less than a half bottle of the stuff in about a year.

As jShort said, the light is probably better for sandy conditions.

Jeff, I had my bike set up 1x9 literally 1 week before the race. I *assume* my shop is still using dumonde. I got about 20 miles in before sunday with no additional apps. Like I said before, I did this set up on the cheap, only buying a new chain and cassette. I hosed my bike off sunday night when I got home but havent looked at it since. The drivetrain was flawless, even with a bs deore shifter.

Interesting stuff. I just read the 44 reviews on mtbr. Some pretty mixed feelings about Dumonde. Seems like it's a love/hate situation and starting with a clean drive train is a necessity. I'll give it try, initially on the road bike, but if all goes well I'll bring it over to the mtb. Thanks for all the great info.

Yep, the key is starting with a clean drive train with no other lube residue. Also, apply sparingly to avoid the dreaded black sludge.

The black sludge happens less with the yellow than the blue. I've been using the yellow for everything and it works well.

PS-Thanks for the Ikon recommendation Dave:D

-Jim.

After riding my bike on Monday, fork is not working right and rear brake has some issues. Great.

Back
Top Bottom