Since AIM is being put to sleep in a couple months...

never, ever, ever, had an aol account. ever.

work had dial-up, and didn't care if you used their proxy. mostly because they were trying to figure out what people were going to do with the internet.
i still remember when we were introduced to netscape and shortly after yahoo....

gtluke
I actually logged in when I heard to see if it kept any chat logs. I used to chat with my wife on there in the 90's before I taught her how to use IRC.
does ICQ still work? 66064766, from memory. I actually can't tell you my wife's cell phone number from memory though.

Noway7454, I don't feel like trying to sign in to see what happens.

This did cause me to google some old forum names I used in the past, mostly around my college/Camaro days. It's pretty painful to go back and read shit you wrote 17 years ago. No, not gonna post it!

never, ever, ever, had an aol account. ever.

work had dial-up, and didn't care if you used their proxy. mostly because they were trying to figure out what people were going to do with the internet.
i still remember when we were introduced to netscape and shortly after yahoo....
I would have killed to have been around in those days. I get excited thinking about how exciting it must have been.

Also, Netscape, I miss that little lighthouse.

I never used AIM either.
I would have killed to have been around in those days. I get excited thinking about how exciting it must have been.

Also, Netscape, I miss that little lighthouse.

I used CompuServe on my Commodore 64 using a 300 baud dial up modem. I think it got exciting when we got a 1200 baud modem. I used Earthlink.

Jm98224; I still use it (not AIM) for some usernames on other things. I completely forgot that it existed until I heard it was being shut down.

AIM is closing down?? This is worse than realizing Jaime is the new Progessive spokesperson
my reaction when i just realized this
giphy.gif

I had:
Matt459 - my numbers my first two years of house league ice hockey - RIP OG Ice Land
Sskateer - some garbage about in-line aggressive skating
thehotsauce9 - nickname i got from seniors on the hockey team when I was a freshman. Sounded like my last name a little

I lost my creativity around 2000/2001 I suppose. I spent far too much time hanging out on AOL/AIM back in the late 90s and early 2000's. Should have been riding a bike.

I had:
Matt459 - my numbers my first two years of house league ice hockey - RIP OG Ice Land
Sskateer - some garbage about in-line aggressive skating
thehotsauce9 - nickname i got from seniors on the hockey team when I was a freshman. Sounded like my last name a little

I lost my creativity around 2000/2001 I suppose. I spent far too much time hanging out on AOL/AIM back in the late 90s and early 2000's. Should have been riding a bike.
AIM/AOL was legit in middle/high school, 98-04 it was jumpin'

Back
Top Bottom