Science is looking up

My MIL is in Watertown, right in line for totality, glasses are already packed :) Unfortunately my wife can't go so I get to hang with my in-laws without her. Probably a fair trade for my first total eclipse.

So much of the center of totality goes over the lakes so if you want to be in the center, you're looking at Buffalo-ish or Watertown-ish. Buffalo is about 6 hours drive (from where I live), Watertown is 4:40. YMMV (quite literally)

I'm planning to head to Oswego to see the eclipse. Hotel prices are insane, going to do a day trip instead. Any reason Watertown would be better? Thinking it may be a zoo since they have a decent downtown.

I'm planning to head to Oswego to see the eclipse. Hotel prices are insane, going to do a day trip instead. Any reason Watertown would be better? Thinking it may be a zoo since they have a decent downtown.
Good point. Oswego is a tad closer. Yes, mostly I will be doing a daytrip too if my family does not joins me. I will have to take a day off too. Wish it came during the kids spring break!

Probably won't be up for this one...

Rocket Lab's Electron, a 59-foot rocket weighing 28,000 pounds, is set to blast off from the NASA Wallops Flight Facility in Virginia at 2:40 a.m. Thursday, March 21, with a four-hour launch window running through 6:30 a.m., NASA said.

Are you still planning for a day trip to Oswego? I am reading that the traffic in and out of eclipse zones will be a chaos.

Wow, you are prepping up well! Are you planning to watch it from the interstate and just drive back when done? Which location exactly, I might do it as well.

I just came down from the ADKs..
They are prepping to run out of gas at the stations, and stand still traffic. Going day-of means you'll miss it. Not to mention the weather is a crap shoot this time of year.

Probably have to try tho? Not happening again for a while.

I'll be watching the sounding rockets take off VA from my front lawn

Last edited:
I’m planning on being up at lake George this weekend and then heading north on the interstate to try and get into the path of totality. It’s only an hour ish north if it will be possible. Gonna try my best and weather looks to be good at this point.
Now I’m thinking of bringing spare gas to be safe… Got my glasses and will be bringing our own crapper. 👍🏻

Back
Top Bottom