Saw until the thaw.

Fire Lord Jim

I think we have a lot of trail maintenance in front of us. From a walk in my trail, I have six trees damaged: four down and two part way. We will want to hit the trails once they dry, but I suspect we need to hit them with chainsaws first, which we can do during mud season.
I want to volunteer for trail maintenance. I am near Flemington.

Trail maintenance day.
IMG_20180307_131725.jpg

Finally done cutting open a half-mile trail. Is this log too high?View attachment 65529View attachment 65530

I have the same saw and three other gas saws, but lately I’ve been reaching for the electric saw instead. It is lighter, quieter, less vibration and cleaner. I look forward to seeing what a bigger e-saw could do in the future. You should PM me as I’ll lilkely need a hand in the coming weeks at 6-mr.

HK  IMG_20180316_124536-01.jpg
Dangler IMG_20180316_121910-01.jpgSnapper IMG_20180315_145016-01.jpg

All of the above with a MIlwaukee battery powered sawzall. 10" trunks, in addition a variety of 4-6" branches are quick work. That slightly diagonal trunk on the right of the second picture was hanging across the trail from four feet to six feet high.

I have the same saw and three other gas saws, but lately I’ve been reaching for the electric saw instead. It is lighter, quieter, less vibration and cleaner. I look forward to seeing what a bigger e-saw could do in the future. You should PM me as I’ll lilkely need a hand in the coming weeks at 6-mr.

You should reach out to Paul. He loves cutting.

Back
Top Bottom