Saugerties NY

Dr Superb

Any one know of any places worth taking the MTB in the Saugerties area? I will be there from Tuesday - Friday for cheering on my wife at a horse show finals. looking for something to do in the downtime...

tia.

check out jockey hill in the kingston area - one exit south on the thruway.

just in case you haven't been there before, there is a restaurant called "the red onion" just outside saugerties. a little pricey but its a pretty nice place for dinner.

as Clarkenstein says. Check out the threads on Jockey Hill in this forum. Head over to the Fats in the Cats forum for more info. There is also Wilson and Onteora Lake (if you have suspension). You'll be very close to Woodstock, and Overlook Mountain Bike shop; they do rentals and are a great bunch of guys.

Oh yeah, the Red Onion is good too!

Last edited:
Just passed though Saugerties yesterday! After the red onion, I highly recommend stopping by Lucky Chocolates. As far as riding...hmm..didn't do that but there is a club called Fats in the Cats that might have info on their website.

as Clarkenstein says. Check out the threads on Jockey Hill in this forum. Head over to the Fats in the Cats forum for more info. There is also Wilson and Onteora Lake (if you have suspension). You'll be very close to Woodstock, and Overlook Mountain Bike shop; they do rentals and are a great bunch of guys.

Oh yeah, the Red Onion is good too!

plus 1 on Kenneth Wilson, it is lush and rooty... it rules. Good eats in Kingston as well

jockey hill is very close. also elm ridge in windham is not too far. elm ridge trails are hard to find. jockey hill also has lake onteora, when i went to jockey hill i went to saugerties after and swam in there beach. the back way avoids route 28.

jockey hill
http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/ViewTrip/817959

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom