Round Valley TM - Friday June 10th

are we moving the switchbacks into the woods, or staying on the power lines?

Sh*t I signed up for this? Ok I will be there. So who's in for camping on Thu?!

Last edited:
@Norm - I'll be there tomorrow morning unless I text you otherwise. I know where the switchbacks are if I'm late, but I should be able to make it on time.

@Norm - I'll be there tomorrow morning unless I text you otherwise. I know where the switchbacks are if I'm late, but I should be able to make it on time.

Sweet. If anyone does not know where to go, shoot me a PM and I'll give you my cell # or explain it.

tumblr_o8kn1oV8Xd1qc3f0io3_640.jpg

tumblr_o8kn1oV8Xd1qc3f0io2_640.jpg

tumblr_o8kn1oV8Xd1qc3f0io1_640.jpg

Great that you took pics Jimmy - I was thinking when I left no one took any. The second one is typical of my day - only bummer was we had to stop gabbing and pretend we were working when Norm came by ;). Seriously, it was great finally meeting Norm and Rich from the board. And I'm really looking forward to riding that new trail (for me at least - didn't even know it existed)!

First. Just want to say thanks to everyone who came out to help yesterday. We've got a bunch to do here and yesterday was a great first step.

In order of appearance I'd like to say thanks to:

@KenS
@Kirt
@jackx
@jmanic
@thegock
@JimN
@fidodie
@soundz
@qclabrat
@ktmrider
Frank
@rick81721
Jason

Plus special guest appearance by @Carson to Check our progress.

In all we put in 55 hours of work over the course of a 7 hour day. Thanks for every minute people were willing to give.

Work done:

-2 switchback reroutes
-bench cut the narrow crossover
-trim that whole corridor
-fixed up 2 turns in the lower section

Here's the top turn, the washed out rocks:

image.jpeg

The second reroute:

image.jpeg

The field crossover that was super narrow:

image.jpeg

One of the turns on the lower half. Behind me is a fence so we're a little limited on what we can do. So we de-cupped (no not D cups) the trail, tricked to nick it, and made the turn a tad wider. Hopefully it helps the water issues.

image.jpeg

Thanks again to yesterday's crew! Go ride it and let us know what you think!

Great day yesterday! Thank you @Norm for getting the wheel rolling (?) -
I arrived about 10:30 to the work area, and the crew already had the first
turn rocking its new look.

Thanks @Kirt and @KenS for patiently explaining some of the trail building techniques, and best practices.
Those will go to good use.

All-in-all, i think the spirit of RV was maintained, even if the chance of falling into the briar patch was greatly reduced.

Thank you to everyone that came out, and @soundz for bringing the coffee.

Back
Top Bottom