Round Valley Conditions

Let us know if/when we can go in there to do some work. Was there yesterday and a vast majority of the park is unridable. The fence "re-route" has been taken back by nature almost completely. First descent to the Camp has many trees and overgrowth. The split before Cushetunk towards the turn-around is also gone.

Unfortunately the new park super doesn’t really seem to care. I finally got her on the phone a few weeks ago then she just ghosted me.

I’m left with basically no course of action at this point.

Unfortunately the new park super doesn’t really seem to care. I finally got her on the phone a few weeks ago then she just ghosted me.

Would we get in trouble if we just snuck in a folding saw and clippers?

That sucks as we all know RV is the best park when nothing else is rideable in NJ. I'll make a point to swing by next week to pitch in with the cleanup. Where's the best place to park and don't say the scuba lot...

That sucks as we all know RV is the best park when nothing else is rideable in NJ. I'll make a point to swing by next week to pitch in with the cleanup. Where's the best place to park and don't say the scuba lot...

The bottom gate next to the dam was open for construction vehicles, could probably park across the street in the neighborhood and at least have easy access to the fence section. The rest of the park isn't easy to get to at all.

The bottom gate next to the dam was open for construction vehicles, could probably park across the street in the neighborhood and at least have easy access to the fence section. The rest of the park isn't easy to get to at all.

Yup. Part of the problem. Last year I rode to that top section with the hedge trimmer on my back. It sucked. When I inquired about a Jorba eBike I was told it was a non-starter.

The default answer to any question in NJ is no. Elmo Shrug.

Yup. Part of the problem. Last year I rode to that top section with the hedge trimmer on my back. It sucked. When I inquired about a Jorba eBike I was told it was a non-starter.

The default answer to any question in NJ is no. Elmo Shrug.

Let me talk to Mr Dyson.

Wonder what the response would be to a using the form over in the 6mr forum, and just reporting out hours. See if we can hit 50 or so in September?

Wonder what the response would be to a using the form over in the 6mr forum, and just reporting out hours. See if we can hit 50 or so in September?

I’m going to call the office again this week. Something or other about the definition of insanity.

I took on the switchback climb from the south dam. Made it to the opening in the fence. A little over 3 hours.

Here is the entrance. I tagged it with streamers so you could find it!

IMG_5227.jpeg

Looks more inviting now

IMG_5229.jpeg

It wasn't too bad...ugh, it was nasty.

IMG_5228.jpeg

The powerline is next
IMG_5230.jpeg

Tree down approx 4.2miles from the south lot, a little beyond the top of the big hill.

WOaT31u5RjqjGfwC1RR_0IpLdWy7Cx-5O8RlCEr5MOg-2048x1536.jpg

Harumph.

That looks to me like the corridor that I trimmed a few months ago. I think I know where this is.

I repeat. Harumph.

Thanks for reporting.

Harumph.

That looks to me like the corridor that I trimmed a few months ago. I think I know where this is.

I repeat. Harumph.

Thanks for reporting.
Weird. That wasn’t there this weekend when Kirt and I rode.

I would say it is as wet here as it ever gets. While that's not bad, especially given how much rain we've gotten, it's pretty much wet anywhere you've ever seen it wet. The rain tonight won't help, though it really won't hurt.

There is more erosion here now than I have ever seen, like ever ever in the history of this park. The double wide stuff coming from the scuba lot has ravines in it now. I will call the park next week and let them know their park is going to total shit.

Honestly if it weren't for the few of us cutting the trees, I am pretty sure the current park leadership would just let all the trails close.

Honestly if it weren't for the few of us cutting the trees, I am pretty sure the current park leadership would just let all the trails close.
“leadership”. W. T. F.
Just close the whole park while we’re at it. Sittin in the chair, feet up, scoffin’ bonbons onda clock while complaining how busy they are. My clock.

Get me off dat boat. This is what our taxes pay for? Time ta ring up da guvna n Tammala tootsuite.

RV is all about trophy trout and summer camp.

Jerseyman triathlon runs pre season, it is a road tri. I'm not sure anything else happens there.

The out and back hike is too much for most.

The good news is that nobody is bothering us out there doing maintenance.

The road from the scuba lot to the dam road needs some culverts and catches. Practice your hop.

3/9/24

Place is not good. At least 13 tress down, but lost count. Kinda reminded how it was, post Sandy, it's close to that bad. The majority are on Puke Hill, both sides. 2 are massive, gonna need a BIG saw. This clean up will take many hours or days depending on how many help. Pat or Norm let me know if you venture out to start, I'll help if I can.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions