Ride Sunday morning?

I rode Waway today and conditions were SUPREME!! 15 degrees cooler than at my house.

Saw 3 bears and only 3 bikers. I guess the bear to man ratio at Waway is 1 to 1. :D

I saw six bears at Stephens and not a single biker. Saw a momma with 4 cubs. The cubs all climbed up trees. So cool to see them peeking their heads out checking if I was still there.

I rode Waway today and conditions were SUPREME!! 15 degrees cooler than at my house.

Saw 3 bears and only 3 bikers. I guess the bear to man ratio at Waway is 1 to 1. :D

It'll be my first time there so good to hear the conditions are primo.

My favorite bear line "I don't have to outrun the bear. I just have to outrun YOU!"

I think i'm going to switch it up and ride into Manhattan instead. Anyone want a guided tour from Central Park to soup dumplings in Chinatown?

Where u starting from? Ferber Circle/Cherry Ridge Road? I got a group going' out at 9 from Ferber Circle...
Mike, the Titus would probably buckle up in mtn. creek.
Thanks for the offer extremedave but Cherry Ridge sounds good to me. Mind if I tag along Andy?

Where u starting from? Ferber Circle/Cherry Ridge Road? I got a group going' out at 9 from Ferber Circle...

I don't know the park so we'll probably figure it on the ride down. Whatcha riding in case I see you?

We'll have a couple giant trances...

LOL, Cadillac pig! On the way down? Cherry Ridge Road is where the shit is! All single track no double track; find it, ride it, KILL IT!!:getsome:

Place is fun, lots of tech. Eight miles there is like 12 elsewhere. We did...porcupine, thirsty dog, rockadendron, etc. It's been a while since I rode hard stuff for that long. Great scenery too, place is very pretty. Good guide too. Great day to be out!

I was there with Dave. It was fun. I bonked. I blame it on too much fun at the beach yesterday and not enough liquid with me today. Some time ago I had ridden the north end but never the southern end of the park. The thing that killed me was that there was no rest. Oh, we did stop, but when riding, there was no rest. I enjoyed it (I think) but for me it was a humbling experience.

I'll be back.

I recall jungle as being equally unrelenting but it's been a while, looking forward to going back to compare. I find it interesting comparing something like a hiking trail that was simply routed along existing terrain (let's say Tourne for example) versus a trail that was built by hand incorporating features on purpose. Waywayanda has a distinctive flow that reminds me of jungle but seems a little more integrated with terrain...or maybe the terrain was better suited to trail building to begin with. Hmm.

Garmin from today..
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/194731085

Oh, Tom put a quick clip up for me already.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30b8I4phG10&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom