Recommendations for a new hardtail

CMC

I am recently getting back into biking and looking to upgrade to a new hardtail. Any recommendations for a decent 29er small frame that would be under $2000?

Cheers!

Thank you for the suggestions. What are your thoughts on the Specialized Chisel?
I just picked one of these up (comp version) for my daughter as her XC race bike for this season. It's a great little frame, and the stock spec is "OK". I think it's a solid choice if your focused on XC riding/racing, but if you are looking for a hardtail to be used more as an "all around do everything bike", there are probably better options.

It's a buyers market right now!

Thank you for the suggestions. What are your thoughts on the Specialized Chisel?
As just said above. Chisel is an entry level xc/race bike. If you're only riding trails like 6MR it will be fine. The Jamis I mentioned above is more of a trail bike with a burlier parts spec and dropper post.

Where do you plan on riding most of the time? Will you be riding rocky stuff, hilly trails w/ a lot of climbs, mostly flat (like Wharton), or a combination?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom