Rate 6 mile from the various lots ...

JoeLee

If you only could squeeze in about an hour ride what lot would you recommend for 6-mile. I have tried the Canal Road and Jacques Lane lots. Honestly I enjoyed Jacques Lane loop more. I rode out of the lot right (parallel to the road) and over that whoop-de-do and around back again to the lot entrance by the chain then turned around and went back and made a left on red until i was about out of time and turned around and rode in reverse to the same entry I first rode out of. It was more fun FROM the lot than back into it that way tho.

How much different is it from the Rt 27 lot?

I can get the blue to red to white back to red from the canal or jaques in about an hour and a half

If you're short on time I would park at the lot closest to home. For me 27 lot is just a waste to drive to after work in traffic unless I'm meeting other people and that's where the're starting. I like to mix it up.

canal lot - out blue, back red, white, red back towards middlebush, blue in reverse. that would be a casual hour and a quarter.

The 27 side is my favorite, but like I Ride Bikes said, I live closer to the Canal lot. That wins

I like the 27 side better. Red to south middlebush, turn around and come back via orange twisties.

I mostly start at the canal lot which is silly cuz I live closer to the 27 lot. Truth is I like white better from J-Lane to red... So, if time is short I start at J-Lane and take white to Red... Cross Middlebush, and stay on red till the 2nd field ( start of orange on 27 side) and take orange back to red.. Cross Middlebush and stay on red back to J-Lane. Easy to do in under an hour.

Last edited:
From the Canal Lot you can do a loop. Blue, Red, White, Red. From Rt 27 you'll just do an out/back. For you, the Canal Lot is closer so that should be your go-to.

-Jim.

Canal lot. Blue out, Red back. Repeat said loop as time allows.

Canal lot. Blue out, Red back. Repeat said loop as time allows.

Yep and you can throw in white to make it a little longer. I don't like blue in reverse, especially now that it's grown in and there's a million people out there. Too many chances for a head-on collision.

Starting at the canal lot, blue to red and back to lot is about 45 mins for the loop. Add 20 if you add the white loop. I'm a bit slow, many would do it in less time.

Yep and you can throw in white to make it a little longer. I don't like blue in reverse, especially now that it's grown in and there's a million people out there. Too many chances for a head-on collision.

I always thought blue flowed better from the red to canal, I agree with the collision factor though. Almost had a bad one a couple weeks ago.

I ride from Canal Rd. 95% of the time. Mainly because I'm usually riding after work and the Canal Rd lot is along my route home.

If I'm pressed for time or my legs just aren't feeling it, I can do Blue-Red-White-Red in about an hour.

Only an hour worth of riding? I don't think I understand the question. Be late and ask for forgiveness

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions