Randolph rider getting back on the bike

RetroGrouch

I have been off my hardtail for the better part of a decade. I used to ride a bit at Huber and Hartshorne with a friend in Monmouth County but he moved out of state and I lost interest.

My first real bike was a Bridgestone MB-1 (I miss those thumbshifters) which I rode for a couple thousand miles and a couple years before UPS bent it. I replaced the frame with a Barracuda A2X and have not done much riding since.

So, here I am, an out of shape clydesdale with a 15 year old frame and a worn out drivetrain. I have been on the bike 1 to 3 times a week for the past month and I hope to stick with it this time. There are some light trails in the green space across the street and I believe the town trails might eventually hook up with Patriots Path. I might try one of the beginner rides at Lewis Morris that Marty's organizes on Thursdays.

- Ed

Welcome! The Marty's rides ended for the season last week. Some of us will still be showing up on Thursday's around 6pm. I usally ride there on Tuesdays and Thursdays at a beginners pace.

I have been off my hardtail for the better part of a decade. I used to ride a bit at Huber and Hartshorne with a friend in Monmouth County but he moved out of state and I lost interest.

My first real bike was a Bridgestone MB-1 (I miss those thumbshifters) which I rode for a couple thousand miles and a couple years before UPS bent it. I replaced the frame with a Barracuda A2X and have not done much riding since.

So, here I am, an out of shape clydesdale with a 15 year old frame and a worn out drivetrain. I have been on the bike 1 to 3 times a week for the past month and I hope to stick with it this time. There are some light trails in the green space across the street and I believe the town trails might eventually hook up with Patriots Path. I might try one of the beginner rides at Lewis Morris that Marty's organizes on Thursdays.

- Ed

Hello, Ed. If you are getting back into mountain biking, come on up to the JORBA Mountain Bike Festival this saturday, Sept 12th. We will have all kinds of rides & skills clinics available. Here are the details:

http://bikfest.jorba.org

JORBA = Jersey Off Road Bicycle Association

Last edited:
Hey Ed,

I'm in Randolph too and train a bit on Randolph trails, but ride Lewis Morris quite a bit too. there's a few of us in Randolph that try to do Sat or sun early rides there...pm me your e-mail address and let me know where you ride from, I'm just off of sussex.

Hey ed if your ever goin for some beginner weekend ride post up, i've been lookin around for a beginner easy pace ride up around here. I usually wind up being busy or something but can't hurt to keep an eye out.

Back
Top Bottom