Printer help

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i will preface this by first saying i am annoyed by this and will be heading to bed... but if anyone has any insight to the following issue, i'd appreciate it.

Printer: Samsung Xpress C430W

issues:
1- no/low toner message despite all 4 CMYK toners being brand new
2- replace with transfer belt unit "status" despite that also being brand new (literally delivered today)

attachment.png

printer is connected via USB. so no wacky bluetooth/wifi whatever bullshit. i've pulled every part of the printer i can out, wiped it down, etc.

i got it to print one thing then it refuses to print. unplug, restart, print one thing and then repeat bed shitting.

checked for laptop updates. restarted work laptop. try to print. same print one thing then shit bed issue.

unplug from work laptop USB and plug into personal laptop via USB and it says printer is working fine. prints everything i've tested so far.

delete printer app from work laptop. remove printer from printer list. reinstall printer. still not printing.

because it's work laptop, i cannot even run trouble shooter mode without admin log in.

if i didn't literally just get work to pay for new toner and this belt thing ($$$$$), i might ask for a new printer. but i'd like to try to get this to work seeing as it DOES work from my personal laptop.

luckily i don't print too often and, although it would be a pain in the ass, i could probably save stuff i need to print to my google drive and then print it from personal laptop until i feel enough time has passed and i can say "new printer please"

i also don't like asking IT for help because i find i solve the problem faster and their solutions are usually "your internet is slow" type answers. they obviously do not understand the stubbornness and self ingenuity of gen x-ers.

my best guessed:
- update the firmware (maybe through an app?)
- change the usb cable
- use the wifi connection
- reinstall print driver

printers suck

i will preface this by first saying i am annoyed by this and will be heading to bed... but if anyone has any insight to the following issue, i'd appreciate it.

Printer: Samsung Xpress C430W

issues:
1- no/low toner message despite all 4 CMYK toners being brand new
2- replace with transfer belt unit "status" despite that also being brand new (literally delivered today)

View attachment 221973

printer is connected via USB. so no wacky bluetooth/wifi whatever bullshit. i've pulled every part of the printer i can out, wiped it down, etc.

i got it to print one thing then it refuses to print. unplug, restart, print one thing and then repeat bed shitting.

checked for laptop updates. restarted work laptop. try to print. same print one thing then shit bed issue.

unplug from work laptop USB and plug into personal laptop via USB and it says printer is working fine. prints everything i've tested so far.

delete printer app from work laptop. remove printer from printer list. reinstall printer. still not printing.

because it's work laptop, i cannot even run trouble shooter mode without admin log in.

if i didn't literally just get work to pay for new toner and this belt thing ($$$$$), i might ask for a new printer. but i'd like to try to get this to work seeing as it DOES work from my personal laptop.

luckily i don't print too often and, although it would be a pain in the ass, i could probably save stuff i need to print to my google drive and then print it from personal laptop until i feel enough time has passed and i can say "new printer please"

i also don't like asking IT for help because i find i solve the problem faster and their solutions are usually "your internet is slow" type answers. they obviously do not understand the stubbornness and self ingenuity of gen x-ers.
You need to reset the transfer belt life counter, or whatever it’s called. There should be a setup utility that allows you to do that. Do you have access to another pc with less stringent security that would allow to install a new sw? The problem is with the printer, not the computer/driver. Also, I believe your internet is slow…

When I had issues I had to clear the print cue before it would work. May be obvious stuff for some folk, but it hung me up for a few.

You need to reset the transfer belt life counter, or whatever it’s called. There should be a setup utility that allows you to do that. Do you have access to another pc with less stringent security that would allow to install a new sw? The problem is with the printer, not the computer/driver. Also, I believe your internet is slow…

i thought i found the software but it's not working... so... for now... i'll just print from my personal laptop.

apparently i'm not the only one who's had this complaint and samsung/hp has made it nearly impossible to fix on your own.

i may have a printer burning (or a more hands-on destruction with a hammer) party later this year. you're all invited.

Did you post the model number? there might very well be some sort of timer reset for the maintenance parts...

office-space.gif

All kidding aside, the fact that it works from a different laptop means it's something on that laptop, likely either the driver or the printer management software.

Swap it for a new one if its new.

Every printer ever is a nightmare. Don't ask me how I know.

All kidding aside, the fact that it works from a different laptop means it's something on that laptop, likely either the driver or the printer management software.

Drivers prob got fubared on install due to IT lockdowns.

Update:

I didn't do anything else since this post to try to install any updates or ask IT for help.

The printer is plugged in via USB on my personal laptop and works that way.

But now the printer magically works via Bluetooth whatever with my work laptop... which it never did before (like literally since the day we got it). And no error messages. 🤷‍♀️

Update:

I didn't do anything else since this post to try to install any updates or ask IT for help.

The printer is plugged in via USB on my personal laptop and works that way.

But now the printer magically works via Bluetooth whatever with my work laptop... which it never did before (like literally since the day we got it). And no error messages. 🤷‍♀️

the printer gremlins heard you were going to get rid of their home and threw you a bone 🤣

Back
Top Bottom